FFl question - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion >

FFl question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2013, 07:12 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1144 Times on 735 Posts
Likes Given: 246

BATF went through a period where, the poster was correct, no home FFLs issued. I remember that. It was around the Brady Bill flap as I recall.

Old 05-28-2013, 05:31 PM   #12

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

It was in the early 2000 when my FFl expired.i was wanting to reapply for it and the ATF told me no more home ffls . They told me I had to have an actual store front. And a safe to store my guns in at night. A local gun shop bought a pre built shed and put it along side his drive way . He quit selling out of his house and is still selling out of his pre built shed.. I guess the rules have changed

Old 05-28-2013, 05:50 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
It takes a large amount of capital to create a viable firearms business. Being able to buy firearms in a volume that stays competitive with Walmart, Cabelas , Bass Pro. etc. is very difficult.
A strong second on that one. Be prepared for a complicated hobby (which is allowed so long as you do business) if you don't have the capital to back up the inventory it takes to compete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jniedbalski View Post
It was in the early 2000 when my FFl expired.i was wanting to reapply for it and the ATF told me no more home ffls . They told me I had to have an actual store front. And a safe to store my guns in at night. A local gun shop bought a pre built shed and put it along side his drive way . He quit selling out of his house and is still selling out of his pre built shed.. I guess the rules have changed
I've had my home based since 2007. No issues with the BATFE. They care more about compliance with local state and city ordinance than pretty much anything else besides record keeping.

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson