Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > FFL Hours

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2012, 03:17 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Default FFL Hours

If this has been asked before I apologize as I couldn't find a thread on it. I'm filling out the FFL application and was wondering about hours. Since I'm going to be home based and this venture will be a part time gig for a little bit is it okay to put "By Appt" for hours? Will that limit me? Any suggestions?

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-05-2012, 03:38 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113
If this has been asked before I apologize as I couldn't find a thread on it. I'm filling out the FFL application and was wondering about hours. Since I'm going to be home based and this venture will be a part time gig for a little bit is it okay to put "By Appt" for hours? Will that limit me? Any suggestions?
Appt only will not work. The ATF must be able to inspect your business without an appt. You must list at least 2 days per week and and be open to the public 2 hours on the days listed. That't what I was told and everything went through ok.

Old 03-05-2012, 03:49 PM   #3

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Thanks for the help, that's easy enough.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 03-05-2012, 11:04 PM   #4
KAG

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Never had the ATF "drop-in" without calling to set up a time first.

If you are applying for your 07 then you don't "have" to be open to the pubic especially a home based 07.

Every ATF office has different "have to's", so when an inspector comes to your house during the application process he might ask you to change it on the application (they will have it with them). You will need to initial next to the edit.

Before you do, ask if it is required by law. I know most people will say "just be nice to the ATF", but its not "mean" or "rude" to ask a law enforcement and tax collecting agency to show you the rule in the rule book.

Old 03-07-2012, 07:59 PM   #5
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

I was told by appt. opens you up for surprise visits. while set hours gives them a time to contact you 24 hours in advance. If they call during those set hours you had best be available.

I don't need No stinking signature.