Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Ffl help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2011, 01:12 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Ffl help

I will be getting my business permit tomorrow from the county zoning office. I have my Fed. tax ID# and have sent off for state. I will be calling BATF for packet after reading all the info on this forum about packet versus pdf files. My question is what wholesalers will deal with a home based FFL. I have lots of friends in law enforcement in several cities and counties and lots of coworkers I will be saling to, but I will not stock guns they will be special order only.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-31-2011, 09:04 PM   #2

Most all of them will want pictures of your storefront, the ones that will do business with you, without having a storefront, will not give you a very good discount compared to the other ones.

Old 02-01-2011, 05:22 PM   #3

Thanks for the info Doggone... I would also like to know if I need to have my gunsafe and file cabinet purchased before the inspector comes out to my house.

Old 02-01-2011, 11:47 PM   #4

When the inspector came to our shop he did not ask where the guns would be stored or where the paperwork would be placed. It might be different for you having your FFL out of your home.

Old 02-05-2011, 05:39 PM   #5

Storage is not the ATFs bag, they dont have certain requirements etc...

NRA Instructor and FFL in Central Ohio.
Owner of GunEnvy. Home of the $20 transfer and many other deals. See our Facebook page for more.

Old 02-07-2011, 04:19 PM   #6
Is it Friday yet?
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I asked specifically about storage and security on my last inspection.

The inspector said BATFE's only requirement is that firearms be kept behind a lockable door. He said if the door to my shop had a lock on it, that it met the requirement.

Then he gave me "the look" and said they "encourage" more protection, but a locked door was their only "requirement".

Old 02-09-2011, 01:13 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default just got my FFL a month ago

having just gone through this a month ago. The pdf forms are the way to go. you can type them all out and hit print. ordering the instructions would have been helpful. if you have any questions at all. Call the firearms center they are very helpful and will answer any questions you have. Most important don't forget your payment. the atf was the easy part. the hardest part was figuring out who gets what form here in town. after taking a copy to the city I found out it had to go to the county. Then there was the state of Oregon used firearm form I called the state and they told me I had to fill it out on all used transactions, and mail it same day. The only problem was they could not tell me where to send it. Or how and when to fill it out. I had my FFL in about 5 weeks.

Good Luck!

Old 02-10-2011, 06:13 PM   #8

Thanks for the info. I mailed out my application today. I have my zoning permit and my fed tax id number still waiting on my state tax ID. Does anyone know of any other requirements in NC as far as saling guns.

Old 02-14-2011, 09:51 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenPathGunShop View Post
Thanks for the info. I mailed out my application today. I have my zoning permit and my fed tax id number still waiting on my state tax ID. Does anyone know of any other requirements in NC as far as saling guns.
i just got my ffl. my shop has been open a week. as far as atf looking at you storage they will not. when they come to give you an interview it is all about showing you how to do the paper work and giving you the manuals with all the laws. mine was quite pleasant. as far as the wholesellers i can tell you all but davidsons asked for pictures of my inventory and signage. they are very tough. dont fill out any accounts online they all never seem to get the info. call them and have them send you the apps and you will get things done faster. get an account with davidsons first they are expencive but they are the easiest, all others will ask for other vendors you have an account with the more you can add the better....good luck

Old 02-15-2011, 04:05 AM   #10

I have had my FFL since DEC. and I have setup a open account with Sports South, Davidson, Lipseys, MGE wholesale, Interstate Arms Corp, and Chattanooga shooting supply they all were happy to setup a account for me. I am a home FFL the best thing I have found is just fax your ffl to them they will call you in about 20 minutes and ask a few questions that is all make sure you supply your email and phone #. I did fill out all the credit apps so I could pay buy ACH or CHEX as they do not require a fee like a credit card it helps to keep the cost down.
As for everyone saying you cannot get as good of a deal as a stocking dealer is BS, I seen what stocking dealers pay and there is not much difference. The only advantage they have is they might get the just released guns first you will have to wait a few weeks, but I talked to my salesperson and had a couple before the stocking dealer in town had them. Get to know and respect your sales person they will help you get the deals.