Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > FFL has been issued

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2011, 12:59 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithB View Post
Thanks yall, the NICS thing with the FBI is really fast, i faxed my form Thur 5PM, they call me Fri 9AM all set up.

Now i just gotta line up some distributors
check out davidsons, or bangers, both are pretty good and with davidsons people can go to galleryofguns.com type in the gun they are looking for and if you are listed as a "GOLD DEALER" you will show up as a store in there area and the prices on their sight will reflect your selected markup

Old 04-16-2011, 01:18 PM   #12

thanks, i also hope to hook up with Jerry's, Sports South and Ellert Brothers

Old 04-16-2011, 02:34 PM   #13

Quote:
thanks, i also hope to hook up with Jerry's, Sports South and Ellert Brothers
I got an account with Sport's South even without my FFL, nice people to deal with. Once the FFL is done they said just fax it in. At least I can get some other accessories going.

Ron-O

Old 04-16-2011, 05:53 PM   #14

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Congratulations and good luck

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 04-19-2011, 12:32 AM   #15

FFL was in my mail box today

Old 04-19-2011, 01:00 AM   #16

Quote:
FFL was in my mail box today
Congrats!

Old 04-20-2011, 12:51 AM   #17

concrats.....i have had my new shop open 3 months now. hope you dont mind a bit of advice on the wholesellers. this is my opinion. I have opened an account with every dealer i could find and the ones i use the most are Acusport (great web site wishlist notifys you when an item is avalible) Jerrys,Zanders.

Davidsons is very high but serves a purpose. you will find the guns that sell are tough to find and if you dont sell a million a year your sales person wont allicate you any. thats why i use acusport it is automatic item comes in you get notified, and prices are good.

You will find yourself searching 20 or so dealers trying to find a gun for a customer this is why you open as many accounts as possible.

hope this helps and good luck....

Old 04-20-2011, 11:43 AM   #18

Thanks for the advice, was working on distributors yesterday. Sent out to Jerry's, Ellett Brothers, Sports south, Hill Country Wholesale, Lipsey's, Davidson's, RSR, Acusport, Zanders, Ron Shirk and a few others.

also plan to contact Amchar and Bangers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond2688 View Post
concrats.....i have had my new shop open 3 months now. hope you dont mind a bit of advice on the wholesellers. this is my opinion. I have opened an account with every dealer i could find and the ones i use the most are Acusport (great web site wishlist notifys you when an item is avalible) Jerrys,Zanders.

Davidsons is very high but serves a purpose. you will find the guns that sell are tough to find and if you dont sell a million a year your sales person wont allicate you any. thats why i use acusport it is automatic item comes in you get notified, and prices are good.

You will find yourself searching 20 or so dealers trying to find a gun for a customer this is why you open as many accounts as possible.

hope this helps and good luck....

Old 05-07-2011, 12:36 AM   #19

Have 12 distributors set up so far, accts with Jerry's, Camfour/Hill country, Sports South, Lipsey's, RSR, Davidson's, and others, still working on setting up Acusport and Ellett

So far my best are Jerry's and Camfour/Hill Country.

Busy stocking selves with accessories and ammo, starting to sell guns.

KB Firearms 607-437-2835 keithb078@yahoo.com

Last edited by KeithB; 05-07-2011 at 12:48 AM.

Old 05-07-2011, 07:53 AM   #20

you will want bill hicks sporting goods as well. the ones you will use the most are bill hicks and acusport. jerrys is good but acusport for the most part is the same prices just there website is so much better. you can acually put items on dealer lock and be notified when items are avalible. they are the only site that does this. good luck. how is business anyway. I have seen a slow down. you are opening at the best and the worst time. best because it gives you time before hunting season for people to find you and check you out, worst because it is slow in the summer.