FFL CLass 3 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > FFL CLass 3

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2008, 06:26 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
gnoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 269
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak47master View Post
not a week ago i got my gun and i posted that be4 i even had a licence
lol OK well got the gun still need bullets
__________________

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress....
But then I repeat myself.
-Mark Twain

gnoll is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:16 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 98
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

DELETED POST REMOVED BY MOD

I hope you did not waste your money to buy this information. Everything you need to know about becoming an FFL or obtaining a class 3 tax stamp is Free by visiting ATF.Gov and downloading the info from their site.

Contrary to what you may think, you can also call ATF Industry operations for your city or region. They are usually very helpful. If you happen to get a grouch, call a different region.

__________________

Last edited by c3shooter; 10-04-2011 at 02:56 AM.
sigp250 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:21 AM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BenLuby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Douglasville,Georgia
Posts: 2,181
Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigp250 View Post
I really hope you did not waste your money to buy this information. Everything you need to know about becoming an FFL or obtaining a class 3 tax stamp is Free by visiting ATF.Gov and downloading the info from their site.

Contrary to what you may think, you can also call ATF Industry operations for your city or region. They are usually very helpful. If you happen to get a grouch, call a different region.
That was that person's only post. Funny feeling it's a troll that is spamming the gun boards trying to dupe someone into ordering that stuff.
__________________
BenLuby is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:58 AM   #14
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
c3shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Third bunker on the right,Central Virginia
Posts: 17,164
Liked 9509 Times on 4092 Posts
Likes Given: 1494

Default

Gents- I concur, which is why I removed it. Please don't copy spam into your reply, or I have to edit the reply.

PS- I did look through the website. He fails to mention that you CANNOT get an 01 FFL for purely personal use.

Old thread- please let it die in peace. Pax vobiscum.

__________________

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

c3shooter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:11 PM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
PowerViolence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: St. Augustine,Florida
Posts: 288
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgunsmith View Post
one time $ 200 transfer tax..
Question about this. One time as in the first time you want to purchase a class3 weapon? or every time you buy a class3 weapon you have to pay the $200?
__________________
PowerViolence is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:45 PM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 563
Liked 72 Times on 46 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerViolence View Post
Question about this. One time as in the first time you want to purchase a class3 weapon? or every time you buy a class3 weapon you have to pay the $200?
You have to pay the $200 each time you buy any class 3 item.
__________________
Alpha1Victor is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:46 AM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
PowerViolence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: St. Augustine,Florida
Posts: 288
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha1Victor View Post
You have to pay the $200 each time you buy any class 3 item.
what about the paper work and picture id + prints. do you have to do it all over everytime?
__________________
PowerViolence is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:01 AM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: China,ME
Posts: 125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerViolence View Post
what about the paper work and picture id + prints. do you have to do it all over everytime?
You betcha.
__________________
ttolhurst is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 07:46 AM   #19
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
robocop10mm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Austin,Texas, by God!!
Posts: 10,329
Liked 2993 Times on 1560 Posts
Likes Given: 278

Default

It is a transfer tax. Essentially you are paying for the privilege to transfer ownership of the firearm to you from someone else. Yes the tax is paid each time an NFA weapon is transferred. If you sell it, the purchaser pays a new transfer tax. Yes new pics/prints for each purchase.

__________________

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

robocop10mm is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:52 PM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
PowerViolence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: St. Augustine,Florida
Posts: 288
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
It is a transfer tax. Essentially you are paying for the privilege to transfer ownership of the firearm to you from someone else. Yes the tax is paid each time an NFA weapon is transferred. If you sell it, the purchaser pays a new transfer tax. Yes new pics/prints for each purchase.
thanks for the info guys!
__________________
PowerViolence is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Training class Chortdraw Training & Safety 0 05-11-2008 06:46 PM
Took the CCW class today. MarkoPo Training & Safety 7 05-06-2008 11:51 AM
Class 3 question tdale4 NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion 10 12-29-2007 01:07 PM
Getting your Class 3 Sarge NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion 9 06-16-2007 03:34 AM