Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > FFL or C&R while active military

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2010, 12:35 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default FFL or C&R while active military

I would like to start buying and selling firearms but I'm active duty military and constantly move around the country. Would this be a problem getting my FFL or C&R?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-02-2010, 03:51 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8316 Times on 3595 Posts
Likes Given: 1280

For your 01 Dealers license, it could be a problem- you must have a licensed "Premises" and hours of operation- and the license is only good for that premises. To change premises, you will need to go thru another licensing inspection, show that you have business license for THAT state, comply with zoning in THAT location, have secure storage in THAT location, etc.

An 03 C&R may be a bit simpler, although prior to moving, you need to notify ATF licensing branch of your new address. Bear in mind that a C&R is NOT a license to "engage in the business" of dealing in any firearms. Says that right on the bottom of mine. It is to aid an individual collector in enhancing their collection.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 11-06-2010, 11:35 PM   #3

thanx .. I will just go for the C&R for now and increase my collection