Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > FFL Application & Hunting License

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2009, 03:29 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default FFL Application & Hunting License

Greetings friends,

The FFL application has a section in which it asks if you have a valid hunting license, and mentions that if you do not, you most likely cannot get an FFL license.

Does anyone know why this clause is in the app? or how critical it is to have your license?

I dont have a current license (mine expired years ago), and the state of Washington wants me to go to a hunters safety course to get a new one. This process takes longer than I want to hold off sending my FFL app in.

Will I get denied an FFL without a current hunting license?

Thanks!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-07-2009, 10:15 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8373 Times on 3623 Posts
Likes Given: 1288

Huh? You sure you are reading that correctly? BUSINESS license, yes. Hunting license? Have had a Collectors FFL since 1976, but I sure don't recall THAT!

The one spot that I can recall where that IS mentioned has to do with non-resident aliens. Most non-resident aliens (citizen of another country that has not been admitted as a permanent resident of the US) cannot buy a gun- but certain Non res aliens CAN- and having a hunting license is one of the qualifiers for them. If a non res was applying for an 03 C&R FFL, it may come into play- if you are a citizen of the US, it does not apply.

Last edited by c3shooter; 04-07-2009 at 10:27 PM.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:48 PM   #3

it does mention the hunters licenses ..but dont remember seeing that would get rejected if you dont. i do remember seeing if you arent doing the ffl for profit you would be rejected

Old 04-09-2009, 03:45 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8373 Times on 3623 Posts
Likes Given: 1288

FWIW, I have a friend that is an 01 FFL (Dealer) and a gunsmith. He does not have a hunting license, nor is he likely to get one- he is confined to a wheelchair.

This one has me stumped- if you can scan that portion of the instructions, could you please post here as an attachment?

Old 04-29-2009, 11:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerpika View Post
Greetings friends,

The FFL application has a section in which it asks if you have a valid hunting license, and mentions that if you do not, you most likely cannot get an FFL license.

Does anyone know why this clause is in the app? or how critical it is to have your license?

I dont have a current license (mine expired years ago), and the state of Washington wants me to go to a hunters safety course to get a new one. This process takes longer than I want to hold off sending my FFL app in.

Will I get denied an FFL without a current hunting license?

Thanks!
I just got my FFL. That section has something to do with legal aliens applying. (As I recall) that section doesn't apply to U.S. Citizens. I believe I (at the advice of my local field office) left that section blank.... but my wife didn't make a copy of my app!

-=Jerry A. Goodson=-

Tri-State Tactical
1010 N. Louise St.
Atlanta, Texas 75551
430-342-3376

http://www.3tactical.com