Ffl
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Ffl

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2012, 02:28 AM   #1
COF
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Applied for the FFL 1 month ago. Got the call for interview Friday set for this Wednesday. Anything to know? Studied the regs and procedures. Investigator said she will go over everything in meeting. Also asked if we wre considering NFA, if so she would go over that at the same time. Sounds like all is okay ??

Last edited by COF; 06-24-2012 at 02:58 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-24-2012, 03:19 AM   #2

I studied my arse off for mine and they didnt aske me a single question....just spent 3 hours going over forms and information....good luck

"But if someone has a gun and is trying to kill you ... it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."
- Dalai Lama

”The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.”
~Wayne LaPierre

Old 06-24-2012, 03:21 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9149 Times on 3951 Posts
Likes Given: 1426

First of all, welcome to the forum- glad to have you here. When you get a minute, stop by the Intro section and say howdy.

Sounds like you have your meeting with an Industry Inspector. In general, real good folks. Typically, a lot of that meeting is informational- them to you. My advice would be get a fresh legal pad, one of those pens with a LOT of ink, and take some good notes. They generally cover the things you are really going to need to know to stay out of trouble with the Feds.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 06-25-2012, 06:00 PM   #4

Likes Given: 3

One month and already have interview? Dang that is fast for you! It took 2 months for my interview, I studied a lot also and didn't need to. Its been 5 weeks sense the interview and I still don't have FFL. Hope all goes well for you!

Old 06-25-2012, 07:00 PM   #5

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Took almost three months for me to get my interview, but 10 days to have the FFL in hand. DC I would give the ATF a call. You should have your license in hand by now.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 06-26-2012, 11:56 AM   #6
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2955 Times on 1704 Posts
Likes Given: 1271

The BATF has a lot of forms on their website that you may want to look at.

If you have a computer that you can dedicate to your business, down load some.

http://www.atf.gov/forms/firearms/

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 06-27-2012, 04:38 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by COF View Post
Applied for the FFL 1 month ago. Got the call for interview Friday set for this Wednesday. Anything to know? Studied the regs and procedures. Investigator said she will go over everything in meeting. Also asked if we wre considering NFA, if so she would go over that at the same time. Sounds like all is okay ??
Let us know how it went.

Old 06-27-2012, 05:44 PM   #8
COF

Thanks everyone. Done deal, like c3shooter said it was just information session to be sure we know how to comply with regulations.

She said we should have the FFL in hand within 2 weeks. Gave us the number already.

Did have 1 issue in that the city wouldn't allow a Type 7 for home based FFL so had to change to type 1.

Was only getting the 7 to assemble. but she said I could sell a receiver every now and then, then have them bring back to Gunsmith the parts together.

Old 06-27-2012, 05:47 PM   #9
COF

DC-Firearms, Yes you should call. She said if I didn't have it in 2 weeks to call her so she could follow through on it.

Old 06-28-2012, 02:20 PM   #10

Likes Given: 3

GOT MY FFL IN THE MAIL! Finally!