Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Fees For FFL Transfers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2012, 01:25 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
Does it really matter when I have to show him a IL FOID card to buy a gun anyway ? its not like my info is going to be any different than whats on my card wether its filled out there in front of him or on my kitchen counter .
I'm pretty sure an individual can fill it out prior to showing up as long as its signed in front of the dealer I'll have to look in the regs though.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 10-15-2012, 01:44 AM   #22

Liked 1117 Times on 725 Posts
Likes Given: 1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113 View Post
I'm pretty sure an individual can fill it out prior to showing up as long as its signed in front of the dealer I'll have to look in the regs though.
I dont ever sign it or date it until I get there anyway because I never know if Im going to make it there that day or the next

Old 10-15-2012, 01:57 AM   #23

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Quote:
I know some shops charge more depending on where it comes from i.e. Buds. I charge $15 but most around here are $25. When your friend was a shop owner what year was it? He probably made money on accessories and ammo. It's harder for mom and pop brick and mortars to compete with places like Buds, CTD and these other big internet dealers who a selling guns for cheaper than we (as dealers) can get them wholesale. I know a couple of dealers who have bought from Buds and added a couple bucks to make something because it was cheaper than the wholesaler. On another note gun owners can be some of the cheapest SOBs out there....
Buds has the same overhead as any other shop. In fact, they have more overhead when you consider their showroon, indoor range, inventory, offices, warehouse and staff. Most internet vendors have at least one brick and mortar shop. Cheaper than Dirt started in an old insurance office in the Pleasant Grove area of Dallas. Sportsmans Guide was a mail order company long before anyone was buying sporting goods online.

That line about internet vendors have no overhead just doesn't hold water. Internet vendors saw the potential of the internet and they seized the moment.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Last edited by Old_Crow; 10-15-2012 at 02:03 AM.

Old 10-15-2012, 02:01 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow View Post
Buds has the same overhead as any other shop. In fact, they have more overhead when you consider their showroon, indoor range, inventory, offices, warehouse and staff. Most internet vendors have at least one brick and mortar shop. Cheaper than Dirt started in an old insurance office in the Pleasant Grove area of Dallas. Sportsmans Guide was a mail order company long before anyone was buying sporting goods online.

That line about internet vendors have no overhead just doesn't hold water. Internet vendors saw the potential of the internet and they seized the moment.
What line? I didn't say anything like that. I never said they didn't have overhead, a question was asked and I answered it based on what other dealers have told me. The biggest problem I think dealers have with Buds is they receive special treatment for some reason. They get guns dropped shipped which is why they can be cheaper on a lot of their guns. I could care less because I can beat most of their prices.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:

Last edited by silverado113; 10-15-2012 at 02:07 AM.

Old 10-15-2012, 02:28 AM   #25

Quote:
What line? I didn't say anything like that. I never said they didn't have overhead, a question was asked and I answered it based on what other dealers have told me. The biggest problem I think dealers have with Buds is they receive special treatment for some reason. They get guns dropped shipped which is why they can be cheaper on a lot of their guns. I could care less because I can beat most of their prices.
Buds gets special treatment because they sell over 300 guns a day. They get all sorts of VIP treatment.

I was in the construction business for a while. I couldn't compete with larger builders until I figured out their secret. They all had a warehouse on a railroad spur so they could buy material wholesale. Once I figured it out I didn't cry about their business practice. I got a warehouse on a railroad spur. In the end I paid less for my warehouse and I got building material cheaper.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 10-15-2012, 02:32 AM   #26

Quote:
Buds gets special treatment because they sell over 300 guns a day. They get all sorts of VIP treatment.

I was in the construction business for a while. I couldn't compete with larger builders until I figured out their secret. They all had a warehouse on a railroad spur so they could buy material wholesale. Once I figured it out I didn't cry about their business practice. I got a warehouse on a railroad spur. In the end I paid less for my warehouse and I got building material cheaper.
Agreed that's why I sell cheaper than them I'm just stating the reason other dealers charge that much. Do you work for them? Just wondering cause you know how many guns they sell.

Member:

Old 10-15-2012, 04:22 AM   #27

Wow you guys are lucky... LGS around my area charges between $65-$85 for transfers on top of DROS which is $25-$35. I live in the L.A. area...

Old 10-15-2012, 12:02 PM   #28

Quote:
Agreed that's why I sell cheaper than them I'm just stating the reason other dealers charge that much. Do you work for them? Just wondering cause you know how many guns they sell.
A Buds salesman told me they sell between 300 and 600 guns a day. I believe the salesman. Every Ruger I have bought from Buds was fresh off the assembly line. The test fire casing in the last two Rugers I bought from Buds was dated less than 2 months before I purchased the guns. Both guns were single actions, imagine how fast they are selling the more popular models.

Old 10-15-2012, 12:42 PM   #29

Liked 1117 Times on 725 Posts
Likes Given: 1990

Quote:
A Buds salesman told me they sell between 300 and 600 guns a day. I believe the salesman. Every Ruger I have bought from Buds was fresh off the assembly line. The test fire casing in the last two Rugers I bought from Buds was dated less than 2 months before I purchased the guns. Both guns were single actions, imagine how fast they are selling the more popular models.
Very true , the LC9s are getting hard to get ahold of and the 1911 has a crazy waiting list that I have been on for 7 months .

Old 10-15-2012, 12:51 PM   #30
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Everything Ruger everywhere is selling like crazy.

Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56