Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f47/)
-   -   Explosive Door Breaching (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f47/explosive-door-breaching-96328/)

Amsdorf 08-31-2013 06:58 PM

Explosive Door Breaching

So, what happens when you have a door that you don't want to breach by pounding on it, or kicking on it, and you want to cause the folks inside to be stunned and incapacitated?

One word: explosives!

While not used very often in a LEO environment, military units train to use explosives to unhinge a door and cause shock and disruption in the interior.

This door breaching demolition was conducted for gun media representatives, by Asymmetric Solutions in Farmington, Missouri.

Standard disclaimers:

Asymmetric is federally licensed to use and handle high explosives. Staff have been trained on the use of explosives in this and other situations. They do not teach this in any of their civilian classes. Everyone observing was at a very safe distance wearing hearing and eye protection, the camera was remotely operated, etc. You should ever try this. Never.

Obviously in a real-world scenario they would not light a fuze, but trigger it with a wireless detonation device. They also added a bit more det chord for a bit of a bigger blast.

But the interesting thing to notice is how surgically the blast cut away the hinged edge of the door, nice and neat!

Here's the video:

mountainman13 08-31-2013 07:05 PM

Det chord = fun.
Looks like you had a blast.

7point62 08-31-2013 08:57 PM

Used det cord, C4, RDX, PETN many times. Can think of any number of civilian applications. :cool:

DeltaF 08-31-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amsdorf
So, what happens when you have a door that you don't want to breach by pounding on it, or kicking on it, and you want to cause the folks inside to be stunned and incapacitated?

One word: explosives!

While not used very often in a LEO environment, military units train to use explosives to unhinge a door and cause shock and disruption in the interior.

This door breaching demolition was conducted for gun media representatives, by Asymmetric Solutions in Farmington, Missouri.

Standard disclaimers:

Asymmetric is federally licensed to use and handle high explosives. Staff have been trained on the use of explosives in this and other situations. They do not teach this in any of their civilian classes. Everyone observing was at a very safe distance wearing hearing and eye protection, the camera was remotely operated, etc. You should ever try this. Never.

Obviously in a real-world scenario they would not light a fuze, but trigger it with a wireless detonation device. They also added a bit more det chord for a bit of a bigger blast.

But the interesting thing to notice is how surgically the blast cut away the hinged edge of the door, nice and neat!

Here's the video:
Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cs0XGj-4C-g

Tac teams for LE here in the Deep South use this stuff a lot. It's especially helpful for an outward opening door. They're much harder to breach with a standard breaching kit, especially if you can't get a vehicle close enough to use a strap or chain to rip the door off.

Chainfire 08-31-2013 09:58 PM

I suspect the victim of such a breach would find it a bit disconcerting at 2:45 in the morning. His neighbor, next door, might have some distress as well.

WebleyFosbery38 08-31-2013 10:49 PM

A cap, Duct tape and tootsie rolled C4 can cut honeycomb steal like a torch, looks much like the charge they stuck to that door. I wouldnt want to be inside when that went off, hopefully they are busting down the correct door!

We learned how to use det cord with a fuse to make a Uli Knot, very effective!

* APPENDIX M
FIELD-EXPEDIENT BREACHING OF COMMON URBAN BARRIERS

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/90-10-1/appm.pdf

JonM 09-01-2013 02:21 AM

this is one of the many things that should never be in police inventory. police agencies should be restricted to the tools firearms and equipment available to the civilians they serve.

if a police chief thinks his swat team needs suppressed submachine guns and det cord the civilians should be able to get such items at wal-mart

MisterMcCool 09-01-2013 02:25 AM

He didn't even knock!

DeltaF 09-01-2013 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM
this is one of the many things that should never be in police inventory. police agencies should be restricted to the tools firearms and equipment available to the civilians they serve.

if a police chief thinks his swat team needs suppressed submachine guns and det cord the civilians should be able to get such items at wal-mart

Heh. When the thugs stop packing illegal fully autos we will too. When they stop building concrete basement bunkers and putting up steel bars and armored doors we might stop using det cord as well..

Incidentally I think you should be able to buy fully auto at Walmart. But that's a whole different topic.

It is important for the police to be as well armed or better than the criminals who try to take their lives and place the public in danger with their irresponsible activities.

KG7IL 09-01-2013 04:28 AM

I can't use explosives.

My breach technique.

I sneeze on the door knob and when the next guy comes along, he get's distracted by the snot on his hand, I sneak in.