eight weeks and nothing
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > eight weeks and nothing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2009, 07:55 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default eight weeks and nothing

It makes eight weeks today since I mail in my C&R FFL application and I have nothing. Did everthing right and they took my $30.00 right away. Since they were quick to cash in the $30 I thought the ball was rolling. This seems too long. Anything I can do? Or I'm I lost in the shuffle of things?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-11-2009, 01:32 AM   #2

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Just wait, I guess. They post the timeline for issuance, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are quite a few people looking into and acquiring C&Rs right now too.

Lots of guns to buy before a possible ban....

9x18=Makarov

Old 11-11-2009, 01:49 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9559 Times on 4114 Posts
Likes Given: 1499

My first one took about 90 days. Think the BATFE has been backlogged- lot of folks looking for their C&R. Got my first one in '76. Give it a little time. BTW, if you have not been there, some info at cruffler.com that may be useful.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 11-11-2009, 07:54 PM   #4

Liked 357 Times on 201 Posts
Likes Given: 292

Wow. My first one took exactly 13 days to hit my mailbox. That is far from the norm of course, but a lot depends on the individual that is processing the applications for your State. It has been helpful for some folks that have had a long wait to call the licensing center and ask to speak to the person assigned to handle their application for a status report.

Sometimes they are on vacation or an application is buried in the wrong "pile", etc., etc. A simple phone call has worked to get the ball rolling for some.

Old 11-14-2009, 03:57 AM   #5

Thanks for your support everyone. Two days after I posted the thing came in the mail, 8 weeks to the day after cashing in my $30. I really was wondering what could be the delay? 58, US citizen, no record, permit to carry owner. OH Well! It's here.