Does the ATF have records of gun sales? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Does the ATF have records of gun sales?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2012, 05:51 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 140 Times on 113 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM

no and yes sorta. they do not call in the serial number only your name and alias and personal description and social if you wisely listed it. the yes sorta is only in terms of whether its a handgun or long gun or other. giving your social helps speed up the proccess and make holds almost never happen.

my wife has a couple of alias a former married name and since she lists her social after the first time she signed for a gun she speeds right through. the first time she got one and didnt use the social it was like a week to get a procceed since they had to track all her names and she has a fairly common name to boot.
I don't have a common name and I get instantaneous approvals, it's all in a name. By the way the generalissimo in Red Dawn played Superfly.

If I were invading , I would also check magazine subscriptions and first and foremost NRA registrations. And don't forget redneck pick up trucks drivers.

Old 09-14-2012, 06:37 PM   #32

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
Which is the reason I do not own a handgun. I'd REALLY like to, but I won't do it with New York's laws.

Why? Were the authorities worried maybe your prints had changed??
Prints do not change per se, but people get cuts, burns, nicks and scaring in skin and on their hands all the time, some of these injuries once they heal, can alter or obliterate the finger/palm print patterns just enough to make a positive ID of that print, almost impossible without other prints from the same person, to make a positive ID.

Example I have on my right index finger a gouge out of the pad of my finger , from throwing oil cans into a dumpster, from when I was 12. The print sorta grew back, but not fully in spots. And that distinct new pattern (so to speak) is still mine, but it has changed enough to have made it different if it were between finger printings five years apart.

Old 09-15-2012, 03:31 PM   #33
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2952 Times on 1538 Posts
Likes Given: 266

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis36 View Post
When I applied for CCL here in Mississippi, they took not only finger prints, but palm prints, full hand prints and four-finger prints. The examiner made the comment " If someone finds your body in a field, we want to be able to identify who you are, no matter how little is left of you."
I said "I really hope that doesn't happen." He said "So do I." Made a chill run through me.
The prints are entered into AFIS to insure they are not found a a crime scene and to keep for future reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
Why? Were the authorities worried maybe your prints had changed??
Prints do change, slightly, with time and injury.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbrowning View Post
I don't have a common name and I get instantaneous approvals, it's all in a name. By the way the generalissimo in Red Dawn played Superfly.

If I were invading , I would also check magazine subscriptions and first and foremost NRA registrations. And don't forget redneck pick up trucks drivers.
Magazine subscription information is not kept locally. NRA membership is retained within the NRA computers. A localized invasion force, such as in Red Dawn" will also only have access to localized information. The 4473's are one of the only bits of local information available.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 09-16-2012, 03:22 AM   #34

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Thats OK most gun owners will be among the first strike units to meet any enemy force. Japan decided 70 years ago an attack on the American Homeland would be a big mistake . Japan knew there would be armed citizens behind every tree. The Japs must have read King Georges note book on big screw ups I have made,

Old 09-16-2012, 05:47 PM   #35

Liked 140 Times on 113 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Woolverines!

Old 10-01-2012, 05:48 PM   #36

Liked 134 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113 View Post
They ask the type I.e. hand gun, long gun, other, but that's it. However, with a CCW most dealers don't have to do a NICS check. Of course if your state has other checks and/or requirements I can't speak on that.
In NC that applies to pistols. If you buy a long gun they run a check. I have seen LGS call the sheriffs dept to see if my CCP was good. I usually just left the gun in that case. I might be a redneck with dirty clothes but I will not be treated like a criminal.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 10-02-2012, 12:04 AM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 751 Times on 350 Posts
Likes Given: 437

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
The prints are entered into AFIS to insure they are not found a a crime scene and to keep for future reference.
I guess mine checked out….I received my license last week.