Does the ATF have records of gun sales? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Does the ATF have records of gun sales?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2012, 09:11 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Coyotenator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Southern Spokane County,Washington
Posts: 143
Liked 57 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 85

Default

So the answer is yes, they have many of them and yes they can utilize them, if they want to spend the money(I mean our money), and disregard the regulations.

It makes you understand why they want to close the Gun Show and private sales "Loophole" doesn't it.
Coyotenator is offline  
KalashnikovJosh Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:17 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,154
Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default

If it reeeeeally bothers you, private sales are still a legal option. I own at least three firearms that i purchased from an individual, not a licensee, no records required.
__________________
Dead Bears, the only good kind.
orangello is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:51 AM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 702
Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 407

Default

Here is the NICS Point of Contact States & Territory List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotenator View Post
So the answer is yes, they have many of them and yes they can utilize them, if they want to spend the money(I mean our money), and disregard the regulations.

It makes you understand why they want to close the Gun Show and private sales "Loophole" doesn't it.
Rarity is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:52 AM   #24
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Gatoragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: North GA. Back home in Dixieland.
Posts: 3,614
Liked 1305 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 565

Default

For those of us that have concealed carry permits, it seems to me to be a moot point what ATF does. CCP holders voluntarily registered as gun owners.

I had to submit my fingerprints for my FL permit, when I renewed it last year, had to submit a new set of prints.

WI does not require prints for a CC permit.
Gatoragn is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:26 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ellis36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Batesville,Mississippi
Posts: 1,131
Liked 982 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 575

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatoragn View Post
For those of us that have concealed carry permits, it seems to me to be a moot point what ATF does. CCP holders voluntarily registered as gun owners.

I had to submit my fingerprints for my FL permit, when I renewed it last year, had to submit a new set of prints.

WI does not require prints for a CC permit.
When I applied for CCL here in Mississippi, they took not only finger prints, but palm prints, full hand prints and four-finger prints. The examiner made the comment " If someone finds your body in a field, we want to be able to identify who you are, no matter how little is left of you."
I said "I really hope that doesn't happen." He said "So do I." Made a chill run through me.
ellis36 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:12 PM   #26
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JD1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Lockport,Illinois
Posts: 748
Liked 335 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Default

I'm in Illinois, I have a FOID card, the gooberment already knows who I am. Sucks.
JD1969 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:15 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,154
Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis36 View Post
When I applied for CCL here in Mississippi, they took not only finger prints, but palm prints, full hand prints and four-finger prints. The examiner made the comment " If someone finds your body in a field, we want to be able to identify who you are, no matter how little is left of you."
I said "I really hope that doesn't happen." He said "So do I." Made a chill run through me.
Well, deepwoods mudboggin can be dangerous.
__________________
Dead Bears, the only good kind.
orangello is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:38 PM   #28
bkt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 6,973
Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatoragn View Post
For those of us that have concealed carry permits, it seems to me to be a moot point what ATF does. CCP holders voluntarily registered as gun owners.
Which is the reason I do not own a handgun. I'd REALLY like to, but I won't do it with New York's laws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatoragn View Post
I had to submit my fingerprints for my FL permit, when I renewed it last year, had to submit a new set of prints.
Why? Were the authorities worried maybe your prints had changed??
bkt is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:10 AM   #29
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Coyotenator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Southern Spokane County,Washington
Posts: 143
Liked 57 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 85

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatoragn View Post
For those of us that have concealed carry permits, it seems to me to be a moot point what ATF does. CCP holders voluntarily registered as gun owners.

I had to submit my fingerprints for my FL permit, when I renewed it last year, had to submit a new set of prints.

WI does not require prints for a CC permit.
Registered as a gun owner yes ,what weapons I have no.


Wash. CC requires digital images of the whole hand (The first one I got they were still using ink pads.Messy!!)and when I renewed after they went digital they took scans, but I haven't had to do that since.
Coyotenator is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:14 AM   #30
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Gatoragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: North GA. Back home in Dixieland.
Posts: 3,614
Liked 1305 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 565

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
Why? Were the authorities worried maybe your prints had changed??
I don't know why, but when I got my renewal packet in the mail a fingerprint card was included and the instructions said send it back with your application and payment. So I did.
Gatoragn is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Brushfire records?!!? colmustard The Club House 4 07-30-2011 06:11 AM
Bound book records 1791 Curio & Relic Discussion 6 08-14-2010 03:34 PM
Records being kept opaww Politics, Religion and Controversy 24 07-16-2009 07:14 AM
Hand Guns of records Weatherby_07 Semi-Auto Handguns 5 09-11-2008 08:53 PM
Government records incorrectly kill off thousands sculker The Club House 4 03-06-2008 10:54 PM



Newest Threads