Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Davidson's wholesales

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2010, 10:52 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdeserthills View Post
As Bigcat Hunter pointed out, Davidson's offers a Lifetime Warranty on every gun they sell. In my gunstore I have used the warranty twice, once on a Taurus
that was broken when I took it out of the box and again a few weeks ago when I discovered that a new Walther PK-380 that I had just received had a broken frame. Both times Davidson's shipped me the replacements right away. As earlier mentioned, Davidson's prices can be $10-$15 higher than other distributors, but I find my customers are willing to pay a few bucks more in order to receive the Davidson's Warranty!
The warranty is good. I don't limit myself to one distributor. Davidson's prices can be more than $40 higher just for pistols than my lowest. This is also somewhat dependent on a particular manufacturer. I am not referring to manufacturers specials, just normal pricing. All in all they are a good source for small purchases if you can absorb the additional cost.

Old 10-20-2010, 02:09 PM   #12

They are good to deal with but check around for prices. Be preparred to get a phone call once or twice a week from them. Lew Horton will also do that. Interstate Arms will ring the phone off the wall, they call about 3 times a week.

The point is their speicals are not really specials most of the time and they can burn up alot of your day pushing there products.

2011 FUN GUN SHOOT
SOUTH DAKOTA'S LARGEST MACHINE GUN SHOOT
www.fungunshoot.com

Old 10-20-2010, 02:29 PM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Distributors

I have posted some of my comments about Davidsons.

I would like to add a general note:

Beware of distributors who also sell Retail. Some do it openly such as CDNN, Midway and Graf & Sons. Davidson's is Wholesale but appears to be moving into retail as well.

Other distributors do it on the sly, mostly via on-line and catalog sales under another name. It is usually easy to find the owner of a website. Sometimes the address is even the same as that of the distributor. Other times, you can do a whois search of their website to find owner names.

This is legal but understand that when your distributor does this he also becomes your competitor and will usually be hard to compete with.

Last edited by sigp250; 10-20-2010 at 02:32 PM.

Old 10-20-2010, 02:52 PM   #14

Davidsons does not retail. They have a system where customers can get a price quote from them. They contact retailers in the area and the retailers give competitive prices for the customer which gives the retailer business.