Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f47/)
-   -   Davidson's wholesales (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f47/davidsons-wholesales-32251/)

danf_fl 09-26-2010 09:28 AM

Davidson's wholesales

Anyone done business with them? Pros / cons?

Glasshartt 09-26-2010 06:19 PM

Dan,

I have ordered a couple of Rugers from them with no problems. Their shipping is super fast.

sigp250 09-29-2010 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl (Post 357646)
Anyone done business with them? Pros / cons?

I do business with them from time to time. They are good people to work with.
If you don't have an open ACH account you will need to send a certified check. That slows the order process. There is a buy-in for an open account.

Their shipping prices are fair for small orders. Their pricing is usually somewhat higher than most of my other distributors. They will take allocation orders. I may get a call 4 months later saying the guns are in. It is not a back order. They just go down the list calling any dealer who had items on allocation. Like most distributors, if they don't have it most others won't either so I usually stick to the distributors that have large inventories and the lowest prices.

danf_fl 10-02-2010 08:31 AM

Thanks. I registered with them today.

sigp250 10-02-2010 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl (Post 361510)
Thanks. I registered with them today.

I forgot to mention, they are one of the few distributors who are open on Saturday.

Once you get approval, you will need to call your account rep. in order to get a user name and password for on-line dealer pricing.

If you buy ten guns from them, they will let you have use of their database.
for your website, if you have one.

danf_fl 10-02-2010 09:10 AM

I got the user name and password.

I've been working without a website. Everything is word of mouth, and (thanks to the current presidency) business is good.

sigp250 10-02-2010 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl (Post 361512)
I got the user name and password.

I've been working without a website. Everything is word of mouth, and (thanks to the current presidency) business is good.

Good,

I recommend you sign up for their email. It is just one more thing to delete but they do have some decent specials from time to time.

danf_fl 10-02-2010 10:35 AM

Thanks, I'll do that.

Bigcat_hunter 10-02-2010 03:38 PM

Davidsons has a lifetime warranty on all there items, even if the manufacturer's dont have a lifetime warranty. I have used it several times with no questions asked. That right there makes them my main wholesaler not to mention the excellent customer service. They are more expensive then a lot of wholesalers but its worth it in my opinion. I highly recommend them.

billdeserthills 10-02-2010 05:59 PM

As Bigcat Hunter pointed out, Davidson's offers a Lifetime Warranty on every gun they sell. In my gunstore I have used the warranty twice, once on a Taurus
that was broken when I took it out of the box and again a few weeks ago when I discovered that a new Walther PK-380 that I had just received had a broken frame. Both times Davidson's shipped me the replacements right away. As earlier mentioned, Davidson's prices can be $10-$15 higher than other distributors, but I find my customers are willing to pay a few bucks more in order to receive the Davidson's Warranty!