Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f47/)
-   -   Davidson's Gallery of Guns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f47/davidsons-gallery-guns-61139/)

2111 03-26-2012 07:14 PM

Davidson's Gallery of Guns

Anyone ever been a reseller for Gallery of Guns?

big_bad_kitty 03-26-2012 07:43 PM

I am one of their listed dealers and have been for a couple of years now. Their system works great and I have sold numerous firearms I would never had the opportunity to sell if I were depending on my inventory alone. They also give a lifetime warranty on all firearms they sell to their dealers. I love their online inventory and they quote their inventory from my parameters and it is sold before I even know it has been ordered. I get an ewmail the mext day telling me the forearm is sold, who to and how it is being shipped. Great system!

2111 03-26-2012 11:15 PM

It looks like a really great system. Is it safe to assume that you have to commit to not using anyother wholesellers?

big_bad_kitty 03-26-2012 11:31 PM

Can't say what their agreement is with other dealers but I do not have any volume requirements, no minimums and certainly no promise or anything else that limits my purchases with my other distributors. If there had been any restrictions on my purchases from other sources I would not have done it. Call and talk to Virgil on their 800 number. He can explain anything you want answered and is a great person to work with. Always there adn available to help but not pushy and obnoxious!! Good folks to deal with!

gunnut07 03-27-2012 12:16 AM

How is payment done?

big_bad_kitty 03-27-2012 12:24 AM

Can't speak for others but I am on net 30. I use them a lot.

MrM4 03-27-2012 02:56 AM

You can by from who ever you want, you do not have to be exclusive with Davidsons. Much of the time Davidsons is over priced.

wjnfirearms 03-27-2012 12:05 PM

I use Davidson's also. I work on a cash basis, ACH debit per sale. They, as other distributors, do not restrict you to using just them. If they, or anyone else, did, then you'd be pretty much screwed when you go to order and they don't have what you need but someone else does.

My biggest problem with Davidson's is that they haven't had what I needed to order when I needed it. As to cost, I find them a bit higher often then my cheapest distributors (not always), but by far not as expensive as Lipsey's. They by far are my most costly wholesaler.

TheOldMan 03-27-2012 12:48 PM

So your retail sales are based on whether you come in low on the price quote for your area? How is your profit margin? (pm me if you don't want to post publically)

I ask because I'll soon be a local retailer (small time out of my home) and would like to know how it will generate income for me.

BTW, I searched on two firearms just to check them out and both turned up with no stock on hand: Ruger SR1911 and DE .50 AE I'd have thought being as big as they propse to be, they'd have these in stock...

JTJ 03-27-2012 02:35 PM

Guns are flying off the shelves right now. Have you checked out AR prices lately? I have 3 guns on notification so I get emailed if/when they come in. I have not been able to find them anywhere. I am a buyer not a seller.