Classification on gun parts
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Classification on gun parts

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 09:36 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Classification on gun parts

I own a semi-auto GSG-522 and I want to get the
Proper parts to make it full-auto, but how can I get those part(s) and will I need to do any special
paperwork for an AOW or For any regular automatic class 3 (it is for personal use not for any business reasons)

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-29-2012, 10:12 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9166 Times on 3958 Posts
Likes Given: 1436

Greetings- stop by the intro thread, and say hello.

To address your question- what you have just asked for is a Federal felony, worth 10 yrs (no parole) and $10,000 fine.

Since May 1986, NO full auto firearms that are not ALREADY registered with the BATFE can be transferred to a private citizen. That is why the price of a LEGAL M16 that CAN be transferred is around $16,000- $18,000.

What you have described is "manufacturing a machine gun". In the US, it cannot be done legally except by the holder of a FFL MANUFACTURING license, with an SOT to make machineguns. Those newly made guns can ONLY be transferred to a Law Enforcement Agency, to another machine gun dealer or to a military force.

You will also find there is no such thing as a "drop in" collection of parts on current guns. If a gun is "readily convertible" to a machine gun, it is regulated by the BATFE.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

People Like This 
Closed Thread