You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion >

Classification on gun parts

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 09:36 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 18
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Classification on gun parts

I own a semi-auto GSG-522 and I want to get the
Proper parts to make it full-auto, but how can I get those part(s) and will I need to do any special
paperwork for an AOW or For any regular automatic class 3 (it is for personal use not for any business reasons)
Class-3-Aholic is offline  

Join Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join Today! - Click Here

Old 12-29-2012, 10:12 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
c3shooter's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Third bunker on the right,Central Virginia
Posts: 21,302
Liked 16468 Times on 6787 Posts
Likes Given: 2689


Greetings- stop by the intro thread, and say hello.

To address your question- what you have just asked for is a Federal felony, worth 10 yrs (no parole) and $10,000 fine.

Since May 1986, NO full auto firearms that are not ALREADY registered with the BATFE can be transferred to a private citizen. That is why the price of a LEGAL M16 that CAN be transferred is around $16,000- $18,000.

What you have described is "manufacturing a machine gun". In the US, it cannot be done legally except by the holder of a FFL MANUFACTURING license, with an SOT to make machineguns. Those newly made guns can ONLY be transferred to a Law Enforcement Agency, to another machine gun dealer or to a military force.

You will also find there is no such thing as a "drop in" collection of parts on current guns. If a gun is "readily convertible" to a machine gun, it is regulated by the BATFE.
What we have here is... failure- to communicate.
c3shooter is offline  
People Like This 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
individual parts and parts kits TankTop AR-15 Discussion 8 10-04-2012 06:37 PM
New guy question about AR-15/M4 Classification ChadCollins AR-15 Discussion 5 11-05-2010 10:15 PM
WTS: Bulg.AK74 5.45x39 Parts Kit Org.Bar. W/5 US Parts $479.95 Randall Sponsor Display 0 08-12-2009 03:07 PM
Bren Parts Kit/Other Parts Kits surly General Rifle Discussion 3 01-09-2009 07:23 PM