Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion (
-   -   Classification on gun parts (

Class-3-Aholic 12-29-2012 09:36 AM

Classification on gun parts
I own a semi-auto GSG-522 and I want to get the
Proper parts to make it full-auto, but how can I get those part(s) and will I need to do any special
paperwork for an AOW or For any regular automatic class 3 (it is for personal use not for any business reasons)

c3shooter 12-29-2012 10:12 AM

Greetings- stop by the intro thread, and say hello.

To address your question- what you have just asked for is a Federal felony, worth 10 yrs (no parole) and $10,000 fine.

Since May 1986, NO full auto firearms that are not ALREADY registered with the BATFE can be transferred to a private citizen. That is why the price of a LEGAL M16 that CAN be transferred is around $16,000- $18,000.

What you have described is "manufacturing a machine gun". In the US, it cannot be done legally except by the holder of a FFL MANUFACTURING license, with an SOT to make machineguns. Those newly made guns can ONLY be transferred to a Law Enforcement Agency, to another machine gun dealer or to a military force.

You will also find there is no such thing as a "drop in" collection of parts on current guns. If a gun is "readily convertible" to a machine gun, it is regulated by the BATFE.

All times are GMT. The time now is 03:18 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.