class 3 weapons question (clearing up my wording)
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > class 3 weapons question (clearing up my wording)

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2009, 05:45 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default class 3 weapons question (clearing up my wording)

"Well, more of the question of, taking a semi-auto rifle, and just buying the parts to change it to full auto. As well as some FB grenades as well. "

When I made that statement my wording was quite off, and I was not referring to current semi-auto rifle. I know far well that building your own personal un-registered new model assault rifle to be a full auto is illegal.

My questioning on that was, if it was possible to take a pre-ban rifle and go through the ATF to make the conversion by using their registration, gunsmithing requirements, etc..? Granted this is a question to ask the ATF, but for ease of access I figured there are probably LEOs and maybe some Fed LE on here that might have an insight.

Sorry for sounding very uneducated on the other thread, it was a quick response and didn't think to type out the details of the thought.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-04-2009, 06:08 AM   #2

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

The FTF flunked our Bar Exam.

Only a fool would take legal advice from us.

Taking legal advice from a public forum is only exceeded in stupidity by the people that offer that advice!

Hire an attorney.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 09-04-2009, 06:17 AM   #3

Not necessarily taking legal advice from here. Just wondering if anyone knew from prior personal experience if that route was possible. Everything that I would do, or the company would do would be ran by an attorney to make sure there would be no conflicts or legal problems.

Old 09-04-2009, 06:53 AM   #4

Let me be a little clearer, my members will not give you information to this process.

I just checked with all 15,699 of them and not one knows how to make the conversion.

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

- orangello

Old 09-04-2009, 07:35 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Let me be a little clearer, my members will not give you information to this process.

I just checked with all 15,699 of them and not one knows how to make the conversion.

#1. Do you have this concept that I don't understand that it is illegal to do the conversion oneself? I know fully well of that, and that wasn't what my reference or point was at all.

#2. I don't expect them to, nor do I. I said and quote "ATF to make the conversion by using their registration, gun-smithing, and requirements".

I asked a simple and completely legitimate question of if there was a process that the ATF uses for pre-ban semi-auto's to be converted or if it was only pre-ban original full-auto's available. There is nothing illegal about that question.

I spent about an hour on ATF's website searching for information regarding this topic to try to get some insight and found very little regarding the subject I am looking for. Seeing as how this is a "Firearm" forum and a "Class 3" Category area of the forum; I did not think that there would be any harm in seeing if anyone on a "Firearm" forum had an insight on the subject.

But please do show me where I asked anyone on this forum to explain the process to me of how to convert a semi-auto rifle to a full auto? My only question was: If that anyone knew if the ATF uses a process of pre-ban semi-auto's to convert them as well, or if the original batch of full-auto's were the only one's available? NOT that I or anyone with my company, would attempt to convert one.

Now, I may have mis-interpreted your attitude/tone/tact in your statements, but from your replies it seems more like you're more interested in treating me like an uneducated child trying to play with grown-up toys and reaming me than actually reading my statements and providing helpful information. Other than "to hire an Attorney" which in end, will cost God only knows how much, taking pointless time to acquire an answer that I figured someone just might happen to know here on this forum.

But, I can't thank you enough for how much help and insight you've brought to my question.

Old 09-04-2009, 10:36 PM   #6

- orangello

Closed Thread