Class 3 and C&R
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Class 3 and C&R

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2010, 07:51 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Class 3 and C&R

Sorry if I didn't introduce myself correctly, I'm new. I've been through all the threads for class 3 and didn't find this topic: Is a class 3 C&R firearm purchase handled any differently than a regular class 3? If I got a C&R FFL could I buy a C&R automatic weapon as a collector at my residence? Also, What is a state form 4? Thanks

Last edited by ottoman; 02-06-2010 at 07:53 AM. Reason: add form 4 question

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-06-2010, 11:31 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9573 Times on 4118 Posts
Likes Given: 1502

IF an NFA firearm is a Curio & Relic, and you hold a C&R FFL, it can be transferred directly from the seller to you. Without going thru a Dealer. HOWEVER- you still need to do all of the transfer paperwork with the ATF, pay the fees, give them your first born child, etc. When you have the paperwork in hand, with the canceled stamp, THEN it can be shipped directly to you.

Form 4 is, IIRC, for transfer of an NFA arm within a state. As opposed to interstate.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 02-08-2010, 03:34 AM   #3

Thanks for the information. So with a C&R license you wouldn't have the appx 6 months wait to transfer a C3 C&R? Would ATF do a site visit like other FFLs? I have gun safes, but would I be required to install burglar bars on the windows of my house?

I found some websites that are helpful for C&Rs including ATF, and will use that info as the final word, but it's nice to hear what people with experience have to say.

ATF Online - Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
Collecting and Shooting the Military Surplus Rifle (2006) - Surplusrifle.com

Old 02-11-2010, 08:28 PM   #4

Liked 43 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Not an expert but I think you will still have to wait for the ATF with or without a C&R lic. Sometimes you have to wait 6 mths for a SBR or a CAN. The C&R lic is good for older bolt & semi-auto out of state weapons, where they can be shipped directly to you avoiding the transfer fee's.

You don't need bars on your windows

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoman View Post
Thanks for the information. So with a C&R license you wouldn't have the appx 6 months wait to transfer a C3 C&R? Would ATF do a site visit like other FFLs? I have gun safes, but would I be required to install burglar bars on the windows of my house?

I found some websites that are helpful for C&Rs including ATF, and will use that info as the final word, but it's nice to hear what people with experience have to say.

ATF Online - Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
Collecting and Shooting the Military Surplus Rifle (2006) - Surplusrifle.com

Old 02-25-2010, 11:22 PM   #5

Thanks for the info

Tags
c&r, class 3