Choice of a threaded pistol
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Choice of a threaded pistol

View Poll Results: With threaded pistol???
Sig Sauer 1911 Tactical Operations 1 16.67%
Sig Sauer 1911 Tactical Operations Carry 2 33.33%
FNH FNP45 Tactical 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2011, 07:22 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Default Choice of a threaded pistol

Ive been thinkinng of getting a threaded pistol to eventually get a can for. I think I have come up with the three best possibilities. That is, the three best with out going the Dillinger route with the Nighthawk AAC. Here are my 3 possibilities that are about a third the Nighthawk.

Sig Sauer Tactical Operations TB
5.5" inch barrel, 8+1, ambi-safety, accessory rail

Sig Sauer Tactical Operations TB Carry (not advertised)
4.5 inch barrel (4.25" Commander slide), 8+1, ambi-safety, accessory rail

FNH FNP45 Tactical
5.3" inch barrel, 15+1, ambi-safety ambi-mag release ambi-slide stop, accessory rail, red dot panel

These all have more pros than cons. Tac Ops is a 1911, but has external extractor. Does this really make a difference, if its funtional I dont care. Tac Ops Carry is a commander 1911, makes it easier to carry concealed, but 5" is king. FNP45 is 15+1, good for round count, bad if I want to cc. Plus its is all ambi which is a plus cuz im left handed. The red dotis a bonus for cool factor.

So which one would you choose, and what was the pro that stood out that made you choose it.

sig_tacops_government.jpg   sig_tacops_carry.jpg   fnp45_tactical.jpg  

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-27-2011, 12:49 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2731 Times on 1430 Posts
Likes Given: 230

Blasphemy! Taking a pic of the FN on a Hi-point box.

After handling the FN...I really like it. If there were any duty holsters available that accept the pistol w/ the light, I would buy the FN.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 07-30-2011, 09:06 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 14 Posts

I have the FN tacticle with a DoctorMRD in black.A real joy to shoot.FN makes a holster for it but not to accomadate a light.