Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > CCL application, will I be denied?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2010, 09:00 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default CCL application, will I be denied?

I thought I would give disclosure to my background to see if you guys see any issues here.

11 yrs ago - DUI charge - dismissed due to blowing under legal limit and not showing any impairment.

10 yrs ago - DUI charge - this one stuck, took diversion
10 yrs ago - Batter LEO/resisting arrest - Due to witnesses of the chain of events, charges reduced to disorderly conduct

3yrs ago - Misdemeanor battery - dismissed - moron "victim"/assailant could not show up for court.

As you can see, I am NOT lily white but believe it or not, I am on the right side of the law. Our city is increasing in crime and with 2 kids/wife now, I want some insurance. I will/do pack regardless but I would rather be legal. I have heard that if something does happen and deadly force is used, the license can help in court showing some level of eminent threat training.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-05-2010, 09:07 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1354 Times on 1028 Posts
Likes Given: 1765

Default Bad Boyz

What State. Most states say Convicted Fellon. Was yours all misdemeanors.

Old 11-05-2010, 09:41 PM   #3

KS.

Certainly no felony convictions. The only close one was the battery LEO which could have been a felony but of the 3 charges, they reduced to just one charge of disorderly conduct. I am not sure if that charge of bat LEO will be an issue even though it was a rather harmless encounter. I mean, if I am going to get charged for it, I want to take his teeth as a souvenir...lol

Old 11-05-2010, 10:40 PM   #4

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastline View Post
I mean, if I am going to get charged for it, I want to take his teeth as a souvenir...lol
Yup, hitting an LEO will take you a long way in this world...lol

Old 11-05-2010, 10:44 PM   #5

Looking at the application in my county, it looks as though I should be ok, but barely. It looks like every county and state kind of makes up their own regs on this stuff... In my county, they are looking for controlled substance convictions and felonies. If I had one more drinking sitution, I would have to answer "yes".

Old 11-06-2010, 04:39 AM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Hell, in Arizona you could get your CCW easy

Old 12-09-2010, 10:37 PM   #7

You may be asked by the CLEO in your area to show court findings to clear some of this up.
Are you delayed on the NICS?

Old 12-09-2010, 10:40 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
Yup, hitting an LEO will take you a long way in this world...lol
and on this forum
[http://mercop.wordpress.com
http://www.themensroomonline.net/

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor
Certified (Traveling) Notary State Of FL

Old 12-10-2010, 05:28 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by csapow View Post
You may be asked by the CLEO in your area to show court findings to clear some of this up.
Are you delayed on the NICS?
Court findings for what? Any local LEO would be able to look up my file and determine findings in these cases?

Why is hitting an LEO a bad thing on this site? Is that an assumption that all LEOs are always in the right? I can assure you this was a typical case of ******* rookie cop. I can beat the **** out of you but you cannot touch me because I am an LEO. Too bad other people saw it. I have family that works next to the chief and learned that the LEO in question was on the way out anyway and was later canned for his BS.

Old 12-11-2010, 01:57 AM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastline View Post
Court findings for what? Any local LEO would be able to look up my file and determine findings in these cases?

Why is hitting an LEO a bad thing on this site? Is that an assumption that all LEOs are always in the right? I can assure you this was a typical case of ******* rookie cop. I can beat the **** out of you but you cannot touch me because I am an LEO. Too bad other people saw it. I have family that works next to the chief and learned that the LEO in question was on the way out anyway and was later canned for his BS.
As far as I'm concerned hitting a cop is the same as hitting a person, I don't believe people should need to be hit. My assumption would be the opposite, but I think Leos are usually correct. Hafta say I'm happy to learn a dirty cop was fired for cause, Thank You Karma