Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Buying a 37mm , any advice ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2013, 01:11 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 136 Times on 94 Posts
Likes Given: 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Here is a great video i found for the 37mm and the loads .
I bet that thing would be nasty with a #6 shot shell in it .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2U6O2l8HM0
So why would the 37mm rounds be DD's? couldnt the launcher be registered as a DD then theres no need to fill out a form for every round?

Old 03-02-2013, 01:38 AM   #22

Liked 855 Times on 620 Posts
Likes Given: 480

the 37 rounds are not DD until they are over the allowed pwder charge or loaded with lethal or non lethal projectiles . You can register the launcher as a DD but I think you would be better off registering the 12ga adapter .
I have loaded some 26.5 shells with some pyro but I am too scared to fire them off or at least till I get over open water , they are ..... experimental rounds and I have no clue if they will go pop or boom or kaboom , my luck they would make it out of the tube and fall on the ground then ignite .
When I get some time I am going to get back into it and learn some proper load data and get a handfull of reloadable 37 cases .
I can buy 26.5 orange russian surplus smokers but they are boring , huge fire hazard and over 5.00 a shot .

They are not designed for high pressure rounds but mine is a B&D and is very stout , I would keep the 37's low but once I get the adapters in I would have no problem bumping up the pressures , I know the breech will hold just fine and the extra 1/2 in thick aluminum adapter ontop of the already stout barrel will hold up nice for what I would want to do with it

Captain, my religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me. Captain, that is the way all men should live
Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees.
Blessed is the man who's quiver is full
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 03-02-2013, 01:31 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1103 Times on 576 Posts
Likes Given: 49

I have one I bought years ago -- modeled after the old M79 "Thumper". When I bought it it was legal to purchase not only smoke rounds, but also "bird bombs" which were a sort of junior flash-bang round. They also made fletchette (sp?) rounds, bean bag rounds among other types.

My understanding is that most of these are now illegal to sell --I know the bean bag and fletchette rounds are, and I haven't seen bird bombs in a long time. There are places on the internet that sell components to make your own 37mm rounds, but before you do so check out what may or may not still be legal.

My "thumper" has been sitting unused for years; after reading this thread mebbe I should dig it out and try to locate some smoke and get ready for the 4th of july.

Old 03-02-2013, 03:44 PM   #24

Liked 855 Times on 620 Posts
Likes Given: 480

www. americanspecialtyammo.com would be your best friend , I think he is a member on here too , go back a few pages and look . Talk to C3 about the bang end of the outfit

Captain, my religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me. Captain, that is the way all men should live
Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees.
Blessed is the man who's quiver is full
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.