Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f47/)
-   -   Buying a 37mm , any advice ? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f47/buying-37mm-any-advice-57743/)

MobileMarine 02-14-2012 11:44 PM

Buying a 37mm , any advice ?
 
Ok i fell in love with the B&D launcher this weekend and im trading my beretta 92 stainless with alloy frame and org case for it in brand new condition . I know what its worth but i got it for 300.00 and I already have taurus 92 and i think they shoot better than its high class counter part . I think its going to be a bad ass addition to my flock of arms , what do you guys think ?
http://batesanddittus.com/UBL-37_Launcher.html

Frank827 02-15-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MobileMarine
Ok i fell in love with the B&D launcher this weekend and im trading my beretta 92 stainless with alloy frame and org case for it in brand new condition . I know what its worth but i got it for 300.00 and I already have taurus 92 and i think they shoot better than its high class counter part . I think its going to be a bad ass addition to my flock of arms , what do you guys think ?
http://batesanddittus.com/UBL-37_Launcher.html

Any specific reason why you want this one? Spikes tactical has one just like this one for a better price and it looks better IMO. Unless the one you showed has some sort of extra features check out the havoc 37MM on spikes website.

texaswoodworker 02-15-2012 01:52 PM

Wait, Do you have to go through the class 3 thing to buy one of those? I know you can't get the actual explosive grenades, but do you have to go through the same process that you would for a MG? If you do, then why are the grenade launchers on an SKS or a MAS excluded from this? I'm confused. :confused: :p

JonM 02-15-2012 03:09 PM

40mm is a nfa destructive device or aow im not sure which. 37mm is not. They are considered flare launchers regardless of how they look.

MobileMarine 02-15-2012 03:41 PM

yep , i did a even trade this morning on the deal , got a box of orange smokers , got to the shop , showed it off , went out back to fire one off into a concrete mound , missed the mound , hit the dirt and skipped over a 30ft tall shop , hit the ground again and landed on a customers thunder birds back bumper .:o
They have alot more punch than i thought they would , im going to go hide now

JonM 02-15-2012 03:58 PM

Lolololol!!!!!

texaswoodworker 02-15-2012 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 709389)
40mm is a nfa destructive device or aow im not sure which. 37mm is not. They are considered flare launchers regardless of how they look.

Thank you for clarifying that. :)

texaswoodworker 02-15-2012 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MobileMarine (Post 709415)
yep , i did a even trade this morning on the deal , got a box of orange smokers , got to the shop , showed it off , went out back to fire one off into a concrete mound , missed the mound , hit the dirt and skipped over a 30ft tall shop , hit the ground again and landed on a customers thunder birds back bumper .:o
They have alot more punch than i thought they would , im going to go hide now

ROFLMAO!!! did it do any damage to the car? Were they pissed? :D

trip286 02-15-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MobileMarine
yep , i did a even trade this morning on the deal , got a box of orange smokers , got to the shop , showed it off , went out back to fire one off into a concrete mound , missed the mound , hit the dirt and skipped over a 30ft tall shop , hit the ground again and landed on a customers thunder birds back bumper .:o
They have alot more punch than i thought they would , im going to go hide now

Subscribed to thread. Seems like my kind of episode.

jamesb 02-15-2012 07:39 PM

So is there paperwork or a tax stamp on this or can you just buy a 37mm flare launcher for your AR?


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:43 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.