Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > business plan/sales idea in Texas

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 04:11 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: Dallas... not willingly.,TEXAS... if I don't type it as big as possible, they'll kick me out.
Default business plan/sales idea in Texas

It;ll be a few months until I get my business up and running. The plan for new gun sales is to do what something similar to what walmart does; A customer comes in and orders from a catalouge. There would be only used and surplus arms with a low overhead cost to keep expenses down- thereby keeping prices low. 50% of the total cost is upfront, 50% is paid upon pickup.

Does anyone see any potential problems with this system? I know that some people would want to buy a gun right off the bat that very day.

Also - if anyone knows, is the manufacture of unloaded and unprimed cartridge cases considered identical to the manufacture of ammunition and in need of a license, or is it unregulated?

were there is a will, there is a way, even if it's not easily recognizable.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-11-2013, 04:47 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4788 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Most any stocking FFL will special order for a customer. My LGS charges 10% plus shipping. They require 10% down on the order. Balance at pick up.
Holding customer down payments depending on shipments can cause some real discontent. Walmart can control their vendors.