business notion - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > business notion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2014, 07:08 PM   #21
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22240 Times on 12460 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
I don't know where YOU shop, but I can...
i think because once he stated he only window shops in a gun store and buys all of his guns online. if i were a gun store and all someone needed me for was an FFL transfer, i would really have little concern with service after the sale.

he has stated several times that none of the gun stores in his area sell at less than MSRP and that many sell way over that. i have asked for proof of that with no answers yet. not really holding my breath though!

Old 01-04-2014, 07:12 PM   #22

Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
I don't know where YOU shop, but I can...
Most gun shops in this area get their inventory through davidsons. The main selling point of using davidsons is their no hassle lifetime warranty. Try to return a gun in this area that you bought through davidsons. All I can say is good luck.

I have bought my last four guns through buds because their service is just as good as any gun shop in this area. When you buy through buds you are on your own. It's the same with an LGS in this area. They won't even help you send a gun back to the factory because they have to log it in. They want an FFL just like you bought the gun from another shop if they have to log the gun in.

Old 01-04-2014, 07:34 PM   #23
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22240 Times on 12460 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
Most gun shops in this area get their inventory through davidsons. The main selling point of using davidsons is their no hassle lifetime warranty. Try to return a gun in this area that you bought through davidsons. All I can say is good luck.

I have bought my last four guns through buds because their service is just as good as any gun shop in this area. When you buy through buds you are on your own. It's the same with an LGS in this area. They won't even help you send a gun back to the factory because they have to log it in. They want an FFL just like you bought the gun from another shop if they have to log the gun in.
just curious as to how these gun shops stay in business if they are such a hassle todeal with?

how can they sell guns and stay in business if they constantly sell over MSRP and claim they can't sell for less?

and what if you have a problem with a gun you bought through Bud's and you have to send it back?

kindof defeats the low cost if you are having to pay for shipping and FFL transfer fees, doesn't it?
clr8ter Likes This 
Old 01-05-2014, 09:31 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
just curious as to how these gun shops stay in business if they are such a hassle todeal with?

how can they sell guns and stay in business if they constantly sell over MSRP and claim they can't sell for less?

and what if you have a problem with a gun you bought through Bud's and you have to send it back?

kindof defeats the low cost if you are having to pay for shipping and FFL transfer fees, doesn't it?
Most guns I buy sales tax is more than the ffl. If I have a problem the gun is new the factory sends a shipping label. Once the gun is out of warranty I have my gunsmith fix it or ship it. I get my guns shipped to my gunsmith in the beginning. He inspects the gun before I see it. If it is not what I paid for he sends it back.

If these hick gun shops can't buy a gun for MSRP there is no need for them to bother with putting up a website. Google gun shops in Raleigh NC and look for yourself. I don't have to prove a damned thing to you. If you don't believe me look for yourself. The last thing I bought from a lgs was a box of Winchester 7.62 x 54r shells at perry's gun shop in wendell nc. They charged me over $40 for that box of shells. Would you run back there to do business after that type of reaming?

I can tell you how these shops stay in business. Most people around this area are internet illiterate or they don't shop online. They learn enough about a computer to do their job and that is it. People that shoot competitively buy their equipment online or they have more money than sense. Lots of them reload their own ammo. God bless them. Up until recently I never paid over $8 for a box of 9 mm ammo. I wouldn't load a box of 9 mm ammo if you paid me $8, much less to save $2. I do reload shotshells but there is a lot of savings in reloading shotshells and it's quick and easy.

Last edited by John_Deer; 01-05-2014 at 09:54 PM.

Old 01-06-2014, 04:17 PM   #25

Liked 752 Times on 451 Posts
Likes Given: 402

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
Most guns I buy sales tax is more than the ffl. If I have a problem the gun is new the factory sends a shipping label. Once the gun is out of warranty I have my gunsmith fix it or ship it. I get my guns shipped to my gunsmith in the beginning. He inspects the gun before I see it. If it is not what I paid for he sends it back.

If these hick gun shops can't buy a gun for MSRP there is no need for them to bother with putting up a website. Google gun shops in Raleigh NC and look for yourself. I don't have to prove a damned thing to you. If you don't believe me look for yourself. The last thing I bought from a lgs was a box of Winchester 7.62 x 54r shells at perry's gun shop in wendell nc. They charged me over $40 for that box of shells. Would you run back there to do business after that type of reaming?

I can tell you how these shops stay in business. Most people around this area are internet illiterate or they don't shop online. They learn enough about a computer to do their job and that is it. People that shoot competitively buy their equipment online or they have more money than sense. Lots of them reload their own ammo. God bless them. Up until recently I never paid over $8 for a box of 9 mm ammo. I wouldn't load a box of 9 mm ammo if you paid me $8, much less to save $2. I do reload shotshells but there is a lot of savings in reloading shotshells and it's quick and easy.
http://fuquaygun.com/
http://www.lawmens.com/
http://www.crosscreekoutdoorsupply.com/
http://www.carolinagunrunners.com/

All of these places sell guns below MSRP and will deal with you on prices. Learn how to shop---Perry's is sky high on stuff.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 01-06-2014, 04:58 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by nchunt101 View Post

All of these places sell guns below MSRP and will deal with you on prices. Learn how to shop---Perry's is sky high on stuff.
I do know how to shop. I can get any gun cheaper at buds out the door, including the FFL. Plus, I don't have to drive for an hour.

Lawmens is as high as perry's. When I was working downtown lawmens never acted like they wanted my business. I don't feel like I have to earn a deal with a gun shop. They have to earn my business.

When I bought my BAR back in the 80's I tried everywhere in the triangle to get a BAR. Every shop wanted over $1,000. I ended up buying a BAR made in Belgium in LA for $600. The same shop had the new BAR for around the same price.

You might want to take some shopping lessons.

Old 01-06-2014, 05:04 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 764 Times on 434 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nchunt101 View Post

+1 on Fuquay. I've gotten two glocks and a CZ from them and planing on another glock soon. I live in Goldsboro and its cheaper to drive an hour and half to buy from them.They never gouged even on ammo. Gunrunners is pretty good as well prices still higher than Fuquay but reasonable. Perry's was high more so on ammo. I shopped every store in Wayne and Wake co last year and every store that had overly high prices because of the panic I refuse to do business with now. Even if they dropped their prices.

Old 01-06-2014, 05:27 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 764 Times on 434 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
i think because once he stated he only window shops in a gun store and buys all of his guns online. if i were a gun store and all someone needed me for was an FFL transfer, i would really have little concern with service after the sale.

he has stated several times that none of the gun stores in his area sell at less than MSRP and that many sell way over that. i have asked for proof of that with no answers yet. not really holding my breath though!
I don't know John-deer but I will back him up on the msrp statement. I mostly did handgun purchases last year and looked at a few ARs and I shopped every store I could find. Most had glocks going $599 to $750 and depending on the ar $300 dollars more than what they should have been. Perry's had a beat up used G17 and wanted $550 for it. I walked out as soon as I saw that. It was hard to get some of the guns at the time but to gouge customers the way some of them did was ridiculous. I went to a LGS in north Raleigh looking at an XDS it was $80 dollars more than Fuquay. I said I can get this for $535 their what can you do. The guy said nothing and to basically burn gas. If he would have dropped the price $50 bucks maybe he would have had a sell that day.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 01-06-2014, 05:28 PM   #29
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2472 Times on 1324 Posts
Likes Given: 879

I would agree that no credit cards is a non-starter.

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 01-07-2014, 03:29 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopowerbmx View Post
+1 on Fuquay. I've gotten two glocks and a CZ from them and planing on another glock soon. I live in Goldsboro and its cheaper to drive an hour and half to buy from them.They never gouged even on ammo. Gunrunners is pretty good as well prices still higher than Fuquay but reasonable. Perry's was high more so on ammo. I shopped every store in Wayne and Wake co last year and every store that had overly high prices because of the panic I refuse to do business with now. Even if they dropped their prices.
Perrys has not dropped their prices. The prices you saw are there everyday prices. My gunsmith is right in front of perrys. I get stuck buying ammo at perrys if zebulon pawn or walmart doesn't have it.