Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f47/)
-   -   Best wholesalers for home based FFL (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f47/best-wholesalers-home-based-ffl-57437/)

redraider 02-10-2012 06:35 PM

Best wholesalers for home based FFL

Hey i just got my 01 and 06 FFL license. What are the best wholesalers for home bases FFL?

What ones carry benelli, us optics, or archery equipment?

danf_fl 02-10-2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redraider (Post 704861)
Hey i just got my 01 and 06 FFL license. What are the best wholesalers for home bases FFL?

Jerry's Sports Center seems to have what you're asking for.

redraider 02-10-2012 07:45 PM

do they deal with home based ffls?

Bigcat_hunter 02-10-2012 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redraider (Post 704861)

If you want to sell Benelli or Beretta shotguns you are probably out of luck unless you have deep pockets. You have to purchase a large amount to be a dealer(like 20K or something) and they are dealer direct.

wjnfirearms 02-11-2012 06:56 PM

These are the ones I have accounts with:

Grice Wholesale
Lipsey's
Valor
RSR Group
Shirk's Supply
Zanders
S. Ohio Gun
Williams
Davidsons
MGE Wholesale

They don't care if you are home based or not. No minimum purchases.

I established with Jerry's, but the first time I called and asked about just a holster, I got treated like s##t over the phone. Never called them again. I'm waiting to get approved by Sports South.

Zanders, MGE and Williams seem to have the best pricing of the group and it definately varies from wholesaler to wholesaler. I try to deal with them primarily as also they accept either check fax or ACH debit which costs me nothing extra to do, so that's one charge I don't have to pass along to my clients. A few only accept either mailing in payment or using a debit/credit card and upcharging you 2-3% for the transaction. S. Ohio is a good place to get surplus and foreign weapons like Makarovs, M98s and AKs and such. They seem to specialize in them. All have different terms of payment and shipping costs vary between them. All have good service. Some carry brands that others do not, so get established with several wholesalers. It's not difficult at all.

There's others that I want to establish with, but either want you to be a stocking dealer, have a storefront, or do minimum purchases (at least at first), or have bank references that smaller dealers like us don't necessarily have, or all of the above. It's a shame as they are the ones that seem to get the best inventory replacement from the manufacturers. I learned a LOT from dealing with several distributors and not being afraid to ask questions of the reps. I also talked to several factory reps when the NRA conference was in town last year. One call I made to Smith & Wesson when nobody had any Walther PPKs in stock and I had a client with cash in hand was very telling. Quite an education, for sure!

Make sure you have fax capability of some sort for several reasons. You'll need it, and not just to deal with the wholesalers.

ballcoach16 04-23-2012 01:20 AM

Is Valor still in business? I get an error page on their website.

wjnfirearms 04-23-2012 01:28 PM

I tried calling them the other day. The phone menu was strange, nothing about sales so I'm not really sure. I get the same thing when I try to bring up their web site.

Cattledog 04-23-2012 05:48 PM

Sports South has great service and the flat, tiered shipping rates are the best Ive seen. Issues with popular items out of stock, but thats anywhere.

silverado113 04-23-2012 05:52 PM

Are there any distributors out there that will let you order ammo, accessories, etc before you get your FFL? I know I can't get any firearms but it seems you can't buy any accessories either while waiting on the FFL.

sniper762 04-24-2012 01:11 AM

wholesalers demand an ffl to give wholesale/dealer prices