Beating the horse some more - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Beating the horse some more

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2011, 02:32 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I always read the die at the hands of bubba in the federal pen if you get caught with any illegal NFA items threads and wonder...how many of these writers know someone who was arressted with illegal NFA items?

I know a guy who I met and never pegged him as a gun guy, he never talked guns, went shooting with us, or wore clothingg associated with gun people.

One day I run into him at a gunshow and he has piles of stuff on a table at rediculously low prices..I ask what is up and he says he is just trying to clear out all the stuff "they" left after the raid...
WHAT???
He proceeds to tell me that he returns home from vacation and is met by a man who called himby his full name, odd, he thought, somhe goes to see who it is and what he wants. Guys introduces himself as BATFE agent X. Then asks if they can go inside to talk, once inside he asks to see his weapons collection. Friend open closet, points to a single hard case and says there is my AR. The agent then asks where the "other" stuff is, then tells friend that there are 5 more agents and two sheriffs deputies waiting outside. Friend breaks down and tells himit is all buried three counties away. Agent says that if he will show the locate, he will make him a deal. They gomto the location and a backhoe shows up, they dig for a few hours, then spend a few more hours cutting open several large PVC pipe containers...
15 M-16s
12 AK47s
20 MAC 10s
12 STEn guns
5 HK MP5s

Multiple mags and ammo for all, they took the guns, left him the mags and ammo, dropped himoff at home and he never saw them again.

After selling most of what was on his table, he walked over to a dealear and bought a Beretta 92 and the NICS background check came back clean.

I am willing to bet this is not the norm, but, I have heard of it happening several times. Just something to ponder.

I do NOT condone illegal behavior, especially in regards to NFA items and have several legally regiatered items myself.

Old 06-03-2011, 04:24 PM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5797 Times on 3027 Posts
Likes Given: 397

makes for an awesome story to sell stuff at a gunshow!!

sometimes the feds do cut deals but is that a gamble you want to take??

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 06-03-2011 at 04:29 PM.

Old 06-03-2011, 04:48 PM   #13
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2598 Times on 1268 Posts
Likes Given: 1299

Mobile

Regarding Manufacturing requirements.

There are other issues when you are classified as a manufacturer. And especially for class III weapons.

One of which is the $2500.00 Dollar a year manufacturer's fee.
Then the 11% Federal Excise per weapon
They will require specified security for the weapons upon your interview.
Unfortunately they are going to frown on a home shop.
Then there is the fact that like the IRS if you contact 5 people from the ATF regarding a question you may get three or four varying interpretations of the guidelines and laws. Be sure to follow the law closely. There is no consideration for even unintentional errors. No sense of humor so to speak!
But the consequences can be horrific.
*And all of the other issues the guys have previously advised.
Good Luck to all!

Old 06-03-2011, 05:28 PM   #14

Liked 1132 Times on 820 Posts
Likes Given: 581

Quote:
Multiple mags and ammo for all, they took the guns, left him the mags and ammo, dropped himoff at home and he never saw them again.

After selling most of what was on his table, he walked over to a dealear and bought a Beretta 92 and the NICS background check came back clean.

I am willing to bet this is not the norm, but, I have heard of it happening several times. Just something to ponder

kinda what i was thinking along with the agents had a good new years party . I have gotten on a my gattlin gun kick again and before any of you jump my case about saftey and machining , laws ect just remember that some guy 150yrs ago with bare basic handtools and nothing to go by made one . I have full intentions on building one chambered in 12ga with 4-5 tubes . I think it will be quicker to make it out of the NEF 12ga single shots from wally world . It wont be pretty but damn it will be cool , look for pictures

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

Old 06-03-2011, 08:14 PM   #15
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5797 Times on 3027 Posts
Likes Given: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post

kinda what i was thinking along with the agents had a good new years party . I have gotten on a my gattlin gun kick again and before any of you jump my case about saftey and machining , laws ect just remember that some guy 150yrs ago with bare basic handtools and nothing to go by made one . I have full intentions on building one chambered in 12ga with 4-5 tubes . I think it will be quicker to make it out of the NEF 12ga single shots from wally world . It wont be pretty but damn it will be cool , look for pictures
long as you stay hand cranked and follow the rules for making your own firearm your fine. if you put a motor on the crank or fit to put one on it, it turns into a nfa item and that will get ya in trouble. also you cant have a trigger you hold down regardless of the crank hand or motorized.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 06-10-2011, 05:07 PM   #16

Default beating the horse

"One of which is the $2500.00 Dollar a year manufacturer's fee."
what fee is this?

Small Arms Restoration, Inc