ATF Question
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > ATF Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2011, 06:38 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default ATF Question

I found a weapon i have in section 4 of the atf curio and relic list. Section 4 is...

SECTION IV: National Firearms Act Weapons
Classified As Curios Or Relics Under 18 U.S.C. Chapter 44
The Bureau has determined that the following NFA weapons are curios or relics as defined in 27 CFR 478.11 because of
their dates of manufacture. These NFA weapons, classified as curios or relics, are still subject to all the controls under
the NFA. However, licensed collectors may acquire, hold, or dispose of them as curios or relics subject to the
provisions of 18 U.S.C. Chapter 44 and 27 CFR Part 478. They are still "firearms" as defined in 18 U.S.C. Chapter 44
and 26 U.S.C. Chapter 53.

What is my next step so that i can legally own this firearm? Other than getting a C & R license.

Last edited by jaywmu; 08-09-2011 at 06:44 PM. Reason: forgot something

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here