ATF Interview Questions - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > ATF Interview Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2010, 05:19 AM   #21
Unk
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Gentlemen and Ladies,

I have an interview with the ATF Tuesday. I am excited and the agent told me I would need all the above mentioned in the posts. I told her I had them all and that my zoning allowed for selling guns. I have two huge safes and an alarm system and a retired state trooper for a wife. I hope that counts in my favor. I was surprised when she said I would have to have a State Tax ID and let the CLEO know my intent and send him a copy of the app. I was also surprised she told me I would have to have my sole prorietor business in the news paper for 3 weeks etc. She was surprised I had all my ducks in a row and seem real nice. She told me it would take about an hour and a half that we will be going over record keeping and questions and answere would be around record keeping. I am so glad I read this forum and did not buy one of them bs FFL kits online. I did this on my own research and with many of your posts. Thanks everyone, soon I should hope to have the FFL and be selling. I just will need to learn how to find sources to buy from so that I can sell firearms. I have local law enforcement friends that I will do the paper work for nothing to help them buy from me. I would love to be able to do some great sales and quit my job. I would also like to get a storefront and of course follow the rules to the T on everything ATF requires.

Thanks Ladies and Gents,

Mike aka Unk

Old 03-22-2010, 05:22 AM   #22
Unk
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unk View Post
Gentlemen and Ladies,

I have an interview with the ATF Tuesday. I am excited and the agent told me I would need all the above mentioned in the posts. I told her I had them all and that my zoning allowed for selling guns. I have two huge safes and an alarm system and a retired state trooper for a wife. I hope that counts in my favor. I was surprised when she said I would have to have a State Tax ID and let the CLEO know my intent and send him a copy of the app. I was also surprised she told me I would have to have my sole prorietor business in the news paper for 3 weeks etc. She was surprised I had all my ducks in a row and seem real nice. She told me it would take about an hour and a half that we will be going over record keeping and questions and answere would be around record keeping. I am so glad I read this forum and did not buy one of them bs FFL kits online. I did this on my own research and with many of your posts. Thanks everyone, soon I should hope to have the FFL and be selling. I just will need to learn how to find sources to buy from so that I can sell firearms. I have local law enforcement friends that I will do the paper work for nothing to help them buy from me. I would love to be able to do some great sales and quit my job. I would also like to get a storefront and of course follow the rules to the T on everything ATF requires.

Thanks Ladies and Gents,

Mike aka Unk
I had set up my email in the event anyone replied to my posts but did not see any and apologize for not writing sooner. April 23rd is the interview I am pumped............

Old 03-22-2010, 02:51 PM   #23

You also have to notify your local CLEO each time you do a 3-year renewal. He does not have to approve or sign anything; you just have to notify him.

I have never heard of the sole proprietor notice in the newspaper in 30 years; it may well be something recently added. I renew this Summer and may learn about it then.

I can help you with suppliers when the time comes.

Old 03-22-2010, 05:04 PM   #24
Unk
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by ref441 View Post
You also have to notify your local CLEO each time you do a 3-year renewal. He does not have to approve or sign anything; you just have to notify him.

I have never heard of the sole proprietor notice in the newspaper in 30 years; it may well be something recently added. I renew this Summer and may learn about it then.

I can help you with suppliers when the time comes.
Actually she was telling me I had to place my business name in the newspaper for 3 weeks. She was explaining the process to me due to her not knowing I had the business name already established. I am sorry for the confusion. I am truly grateful for your help with suppliers when the time comes. The ATF person just called me this morning and said she was swampped and would like to show up today. Monday March 22nd. She said 1 hour 30 minutes should cover it. I am glad I only live 3 minutes away from work. I intend to get this and a real estate license and quit my job. I am going to live and do what I like best. Thanks again you are a wealth of information.
Mike

Old 03-22-2010, 08:36 PM   #25

I would not quit my regular job until the other options prove they will produce the revenue you expect them to produce.

Old 04-01-2010, 03:15 AM   #26
Unk
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by ref441 View Post
I would not quit my regular job until the other options prove they will produce the revenue you expect them to produce.
Well too late for that I gave my two week notice Monay March 29th. One week after my interview. I went home after that and my FFL was in the mail. It was one week from my interview I got the FFL. The Person from the ATF was real personable and told me she thought I would do well with seliing and keeping the paper work straight. The interview started 12:15 and ended at 3PM. She gave me the "bible" according to ATF with book mark tabs for easy search. I thought tha was pretty dog gone nice.

Unk is now a FFL

Old 04-01-2010, 11:27 AM   #27

Liked 132 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 221

wow...congrats!! you got that pretty fast, good job!!

my hat is off to anyone who has served or is currently serving our country.....God bless you..you're friends and family included.

for the latest chitown headlines, check here:
http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/

NRA - member for life

Old 04-01-2010, 03:43 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 33 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Not sure I would have quit my day job but good luck to you. Hope the current economic situation doesn't claim another victim.

NRA Life Member, Georgia Gun Owners
www.RCGunworksllc.com

" Guns have only two enemies: RUST & POLITICIANS"

"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms"

The U.S. Constitution: The 2nd Amendment is in place in case the Politicians ignore the others"

Old 04-03-2010, 11:08 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unk View Post
Well too late for that I gave my two week notice Monay March 29th. One week after my interview. I went home after that and my FFL was in the mail. It was one week from my interview I got the FFL. The Person from the ATF was real personable and told me she thought I would do well with seliing and keeping the paper work straight. The interview started 12:15 and ended at 3PM. She gave me the "bible" according to ATF with book mark tabs for easy search. I thought tha was pretty dog gone nice.

Unk is now a FFL
Congrats, I didn't get no book, matter of fact just last week I received an envelope from NICS with a few forms, a mouse pad, CD "State Laws & Published Ordinances:Firearms" and a poster. I'm feeling kind of cheated

Old 04-03-2010, 11:42 PM   #30

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Congrats, Mike...Sounds like you're on your way!!

People get the government they deserve.