ATF Interview Next Week
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > ATF Interview Next Week

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2012, 06:14 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Default ATF Interview Next Week

Well just 19 days left before the 60 day FFL approval limit and I have my interview next week with an agent. I've ordered my A&D book, ATF Regs are on hand in paper an CD ROM format, Electronic 4473 program is on the computer, secure storage is on the way, and I generated a list of questions. Am I missing anything? Any advice?

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-09-2012, 09:52 PM   #2

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

You'll likely be visited by an investigator, not an agent. Regardless, sounds like you've got it covered. I wouldn't even call it an interview. For me it was more like a BS session with a checklist of things that he/she will go over with you. You should be provided with the book of ATF regs as well as the book listing state specfic regs. The electronic 4473 software is nice but I shied away from it as I don't think I should have to use my resources (paper, ink) to generate a 4473. My meeting back when was nice and informal. Lasted ~1 hour. You should be fine...

Old 05-09-2012, 10:10 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9509 Times on 4092 Posts
Likes Given: 1494

Industry Inspector. If yours is like many, you are about to get a good, worthwhile coaching. Legal pad, take a lot of notes. They want to be comfortable that you DO intend to "engage in the business" and are legal to do so.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 05-09-2012, 10:22 PM   #4

Yep got all my City and state permits as well as TAX CRAP too but I talked to him on the phone, and he sounded pretty down to earth. We shall see.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:

Old 05-10-2012, 04:10 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

You will be fine.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:12 AM   #6

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

You should be ok. Sounds like you got all of your ducks in a row. Just don't be afraid of sounding dumb asking questions. The only dumb question is the one not asked.

And I agree with the 4473 thing. Use their's. You'll spend enough on business supplies without creating another cost. It may not seem like much right now, but at year's end when you start adding up everything you spent over the past year, paper adds up. We have 4 printers in our office between the two for my business and two for the wife's notary business (one b&w laser and one multifunction ink jet for each side). Between the personal printing and business, which is the lion's share, we go through a LOT of paper. You probably will also. The electronic 4473 isn't that big a deal, IMHO. I think more people feel confortable with paper forms than doing it on a computer.

Old 05-15-2012, 09:42 PM   #7

Meeting with the agent went really well, I should have my FFL anywhere from a week to six. Funny thing is I got my basement all setup for the visit (since that's where the business is) and he didn't even want to see it. Nice guy though and a really simple process.

Member:

Old 05-15-2012, 11:32 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 26 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 53

Same thign happened with ours. We got everything all set up and professional looking and she didnt want to look at any of the stuff. My wife kind of prodded her into it anyway though.

Old 05-15-2012, 11:57 PM   #9

Liked 26 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Quote:
...Am I missing anything...
What did you tell them when they asked if you knew anything about silverado113?

Old 05-16-2012, 04:13 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger-6 View Post
What did you tell them when they asked if you knew anything about silverado113?
Never heard of that thing. What is it?....lol

Member: