Ar-15 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Ar-15

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2012, 01:07 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Oh. OK then. How can that be determined then? Is the autosear and the trigger control parts identified by serial numbers or something?

I live in CA so it is illegal in any case for me to own any of this stuff, but I once heard... and you know where that leads.
There are visible differences in the parts as well as additional holes and millings to the receiver. BTW, having a M-16 BCG is perfectly legal.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 03-17-2012, 06:30 PM   #12
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8259 Times on 4771 Posts
Likes Given: 10672

Well at least now I know enough to be able to call BS when one of these idiots who says they have the parts to convert to select fire and make the conversion without it being detected by the authorities. I hate knowing they are full of it yet not being able to call them on it because I don't know the details. Thanks for the info.

Old 03-17-2012, 09:28 PM   #13

Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Well at least now I know enough to be able to call BS when one of these idiots who says they have the parts to convert to select fire and make the conversion without it being detected by the authorities. I hate knowing they are full of it yet not being able to call them on it because I don't know the details. Thanks for the info.
One of the wiser heads may correct me, but the buffer is also entirely different. It requires a hydraulic buffer to convert, not the traditional.

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?

Old 03-17-2012, 09:41 PM   #14

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby View Post
One of the wiser heads may correct me, but the buffer is also entirely different. It requires a hydraulic buffer to convert, not the traditional.
Nope, you've been watching too much Red Jacket stuff on Discovery.

Old 03-17-2012, 09:48 PM   #15

Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakedriver View Post
Nope, you've been watching too much Red Jacket stuff on Discovery.
Then I am misinformed. And, while I watch the show, that's actually not where I heard that. But thanks for the correction.

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?

Old 03-21-2012, 09:46 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakedriver View Post
An M-16 or M4 would probably run around $10,000 if you were able to purchase one from a FFL Class III dealer who had one. That's after you did all the ATF paperwork just to own it.
Try 19,000.00

Old 03-21-2012, 09:59 PM   #17

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodys45ACP View Post
Try 19,000.00
Wow, that's just crazy!!! You'd have to REALLY want one at that price. I thought $10,000 was nuts. Not surprised that I'm behind the times.

Old 03-21-2012, 11:14 PM   #18
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5629 Times on 2943 Posts
Likes Given: 371

they go for 12-16k atm. colts are around 16 others are less. conversions can occasionally be found for 9-10 depending on condition.

of course it all depends on condition.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-22-2012, 05:14 AM   #19

Cheap FA AR15 conversions from places like Olympic Arms (know for being out of spec) can go as cheap as $8k, some COLTs will bring over $20K. My Colt Guard Transferable sold for $18K to the owner that had it prior to me.

Drop in auto sears go from 10-13.5 K depending on who made them.

Lighting Links have been going for 6-7.5K

The prices on MGs has come down over the last 3-5 years, however when the country unscrews itself and people start making a comfortable living again I expect that the prices will raise. With a Estimated 160-180K registered MGs in the registery it is a simple matter of supply and demand.

2011 FUN GUN SHOOT
SOUTH DAKOTA'S LARGEST MACHINE GUN SHOOT
www.fungunshoot.com

Last edited by MrM4; 03-22-2012 at 05:16 AM.