Aow,sbr
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > Aow,sbr

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2012, 04:55 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Can Enyone tell me what the law is in Ohio or federally for owning/building a sbr, and if make my own "AK47" reciever what's the law as far as the serial number and registering it in my name,also if I register the reciever as a pistol can I put a stick on it or does it have to stay a pistol

Last edited by jcooley6960; 10-03-2012 at 06:23 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-03-2012, 10:23 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8860 Times on 3838 Posts
Likes Given: 1383

First- Ohio State law appears to permit Class III sort of things as long as you meet Federal laws.

Federal- you cannot make a full auto. Only those already registered by May 1986 CAN be registered to a private citizen.

Building an AK74 pistol (semi auto) Have fun. Federal law allows you to build for your own use, SN not required.

Suppressor- transfer must be made thru a dealer in your state with the right licenses. If you want to MAKE a suppressor, see the ATF, pay the fee and do the paperwork FIRST. Same for making an SBR.

Adding a stock to a pistol- makes it an SBR. See above.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.