Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion (
-   -   Another FFL Help Thread... (

bogeywv83 11-29-2012 11:49 PM

Another FFL Help Thread...
I live in rural WV. I am interested in getting FFL as i side business, I know I would do well with people i know and purchasing. My question is i have contacted my closest city and they said they had no authority over zoning out here in my farm area, so I called county planning. They also said there are no zoning restrictions and firearms business out here wouldnt be a problem, I'd just need i business license and tax id. I have an office attached to our shop which is where I was thinking of locating my part time shop. My wife is going to log stuff on computer for sales since she does that anyway for her job. My background is clear also, no trouble what so ever. Do you think im clear to go ahead and apply for the FFL or is there anything else i should look in to. Thanks for any help.

danf_fl 11-30-2012 09:48 AM

Creating an LLC and a name for your business.
Take a look here:

silverado113 11-30-2012 11:24 AM

Dan hit the nail on the head. Having the LLC covers your personal assets from liability issues.

bogeywv83 11-30-2012 02:34 PM

So I have to create llc before i send in application? What if I get denied and there is no point in having llc??

danf_fl 11-30-2012 03:26 PM

An old adage "Tis better to have it and not need it, than to not have it and need it."

COF 12-01-2012 08:34 AM

Less chance of getting denied if you have the LLC. Shows the ATF you intend you make a business of it.