Ammunition manufacturer FFL - I got approved! advise needed - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion >

Ammunition manufacturer FFL - I got approved! advise needed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2015, 01:09 PM   #21
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8220 Times on 4234 Posts
Likes Given: 9466

As part 2 pointed out, you dont incorporate to become giant and get a big desk, you do so to shield yourself and your family from liability if you you screw up or the courts think you did.

The OP has got the permit for what that is worth, it seems a bit scary that a Person trained how to handle dead folks is licensed to play with live explosive materials (yet I cant buy an AR in NY state as a 21 year Veteran or just as a legal citizen), makes my head hurt a little!

To the OP- If your not Joshin us, you really need to rethink your plan starting with working long and hard as an apprentice before you try to do masterwork. What your talking about doing is not just something a person takes up as a career without years of prior education and or advanced Hobby SKills.

Old 03-06-2015, 10:35 AM   #22

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I have to become comfortable reloading for myself before i would sell to others

50,000 rounds seems a bit short to me, i get layoff during winter and can make close to 2000 rounds of 9mm a day. When i start shotting 500 rounds a day with confidence, is my personal benchmark for selling.

Last edited by gstaggs; 03-06-2015 at 10:43 AM.

Old 03-06-2015, 11:31 AM   #23
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8220 Times on 4234 Posts
Likes Given: 9466

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstaggs View Post
I have to become comfortable reloading for myself before i would sell to others

50,000 rounds seems a bit short to me, i get layoff during winter and can make close to 2000 rounds of 9mm a day. When i start shotting 500 rounds a day with confidence, is my personal benchmark for selling.
Just wondering, have you ever shot 500 rounds of anything larger than a .22 before? Reasonable question, youve only posted 4 times so Im just wondering if youve considered the actual time. R&D, commitment and cost of what your talking about doing. There are folks here that have been reloading ammo longer than youve been out of Diapers, some > twice as long so they can give you advice but only if your willing to listen.

My grandma Needle-pointed a sign for my Grand Father who was a Sig Col in WW2, he was in command of all the troops and crews that put up the new Microwave towers in Europe after every wire had been shredded in the war. His service was impeccable and he rose to Colonel very quickly. The sign says

Quote:
"Dont Start Vast Projects,
with Half Vast Ideas"
It hangs next to my Desk cause it reminds me Grandma knew best!

Loading 2K of 9mm in one day will cost you how much? By the time you figure all the costs of creating a safe enviroment to do this kind of work, your gonna be "Shelling Out" $1K a day or more to make it and then you gotta market and sell it.

If you can get past the safety hurdles, your still sacked with the very expensive and frustrating challenges being your own business brings with it (Ive been a Small Business owner for >20 years, it gets harder every year). I like your enthusiasm but dont bite off more than you can chew, doing business in this country is tough at best, devastating at worst.
People Like This 
Old 03-07-2015, 02:00 PM   #24

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

No i have not shot 500 rounds a day, 350 is my max. I have not posted much being new to the forum having just found the time to be here due to winter weather. I appreciate your advice, an hearing a person that has been in business for themselves for 25 years express the difficulties is encouraging to me. I know an odd statement, just the way my brain works.

I have figured out the costs and have created a safe working enviorment per my local codes todo the work. I would have done the same even if i had no ambitions to make ammo for sale. My benchmark is to justify my willingness to obtain liability insurance.

I agree there is alot to learn and i do not know nearly enough to be an expert of any subject. My personal issue has been over thinking my way out of action

Gerry