After I moved ATF did a premise check

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > After I moved ATF did a premise check

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2009, 07:04 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default After I moved ATF did a premise check

Now what, it was a compliance check as well, no problems.

My question is how long till I get my new updated FFL in the mail?

When the going gets weird the weird turn pro

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-10-2009, 02:56 PM   #2

within 30 days...you were supposed to notify them 30 days in advance to have it by the time you moved.

Old 06-12-2009, 06:00 AM   #3

Gee thanks, works out real well when you know your new address 30 days in advance...and when your not in temporary quarters for 60 days after you move...guess I could have given the room 237 at the Marriott...thanks, not all rules are cookie cutter like....they called yesterday, its approved and looks like 7-10 days...thanks for the rules refresher..dude.

When the going gets weird the weird turn pro

Old 06-26-2009, 10:01 AM   #4

I sold one house and relocated to a rent house while I was building my own. Thus, I had to file two change of addresses. The first change took 2 months before I finally got my new license in the mail, the second address change after I moved into my new house took less than a month to get in. I guess it comes down to how busy they are at the time. But Dgunsmith is correct, you are supposed to apply for a change of address 30 days prior to your move.

Texas Concealed Handgun Classes for the Southeast Texas area.
Texas CHL License