? About ffl123 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > ? About ffl123

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 03:34 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Thx guys for helping n giving ur insight of things

Old 12-06-2012, 02:54 PM   #12

Fair questions. I will try to outline the “value” a member gets from FFL123.com. Thanks for giving us a fair opportunity to explain the services we offer.

Membership Savings – A&D Book discounts greater than anywhere online, discounted FFL insurance if needed, discount with credit card merchant account if you want to take credit cards, discounts from web designers who specialize in gun websites, ATF compliant A&D excel based inventory tracking tools.

Membership insights – Setting up the FFL can be setup many different ways and once setup, can only be changed by reapplying. The benefits of putting in your name or partnership or LLC or other unique structures…. can have a major impact on how successful you are at acquiring wholesaler/manufacturing accounts and will impact what happens to your firearms and silencers/machine guns once FFL gone. Critically important to have a full understanding of this before applying. Doing this incorrectly might not surface for a many years.

Type of FFL is worth spending time considering before applying. A 07 is cheaper to apply for and allows assembly and manufacturing, gunsmithing, and selling, also allows one to make machine guns when upgraded with an SOT (Class 2). The 07 comes with other potential issues currently changing rapidly, will require some additional insights when applying… Type of FFL is worth spending time reviewing with someone that has had many FFL’s and used many different types before jumping on the basic FFL. Doing this incorrectly might not surface for a few years.

Local issues… we find each part of the country has its own unique issues or local requirements. ATF does function differently in different parts of the country. FL or TX or GA or AZ have different items they look at versus maybe WA or OR… We have a solid checklist and solid action plans to ensure you are getting these issues off the table before you apply. Saves time and builds confidence in the process. Keeps one from wasting time on issues not important or being denied if you missed a requirement you were unaware of. CA, NY, NJ, PA, GA, SC, WA, & MA all have unique state requirements we cover as well.

The paperwork / applications / forms. Not very difficult, although if completed with zero errors in the beginning, speeds approval process and improves outcome of meeting with ATF. Hours of operation is tricky and we have a few ways to help someone get this done correctly. You want to get approved, but you don’t want surprise inspections while you are not at home, etc. You don’t want them to inspect personal firearms and you don’t want them searching the entire house, there are ways to protect against these common concerns. Doing this incorrectly might not surface for a few years.

ATF meeting. Meeting with a government agency in your home does work on the nerves. The key to relaxing the nerves is being confident and confidence comes with understanding, education, defining the unknowns. We have an entire chapter breaking down all the parts of the meeting. The ATF meeting can last 4 to 5 hours, where our customers report meeting lasting only an hour and all the praise they receive for being so prepared gives our customers a lightning bolt of energy and confidence. Good first impression is critical to your success, this inspector might be inspecting you one day.

Firearms Wholesaler – Most will not work with home based dealers. We have internal sales contacts and relationships built to work around these obstacles.

Experience – We have had four different FFL licenses and used in eight different locations, including different states. We have tried many different business models, making silencers, internet sales only, transfers only, etc… our business insights can help you get started successfully and keep you from making the same mistakes we made. We have uncovered a way to get 55% discounts on shipping firearms with FedEx ground, which gives us a competitive advantage in the marketplace. We handle over 300 emails per day from a current membership database of 50,000 members. We have a pulse on issues all over the country and can share with members how someone in their area had success, like creating a large network of aspiring FFL License holders, new holders, and tenured FFL dealers.

Class 3 – This is the fastest growing market within firearms in America. Many states are changing laws and silencers are a red hot market. We are one of the largest dealers in the US and provide customers insights into how to jump into this market while it is still in growth mode. We help dealer get setup and provide business insights based on our experience… we have streamlined the paperwork for silencer transfers to make it a profit center for the new class 3 dealer versus a bureaucratic red tape drag.

Customer Support – We answer emails 18 hrs a day, 365 days a year.

We work each day to create additional value and training for our members. As I noted earlier, we have never had a member say it was not an excellent value once they completed the process and had an opportunity to tap into all of our growing resources. Thanks again for allowing me to explain our company. We are working with Austin to increase our level of sponsorship here so more can learn about our service.

Thanks,
Brandon Maddox

Old 12-06-2012, 03:37 PM   #13
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2905 Times on 1675 Posts
Likes Given: 1257

Thanks for your reply Brandon.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 12-19-2012, 07:22 AM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I just got my FFL and the process seemed very easy to me. the biggest challenge was zoning regulations in my city, I don't think the website could have helped me with that since I appeared in front of the zoning board. If you are doing this just for a discount you are going to find out it is not worth the hassle. If I could have backed out about half way through I think I would have. I have it now and I am surprised how slim the profit margins are. I don't know how people make a living selling guns. Lucky for me I am doing it as a side project...I have a "real" job.

Old 12-19-2012, 02:35 PM   #15

Default FFL for selling guns

You must not have had access to our whole seller list, margins are directly related to which accounts you get setup.

I would consider a Class 3, margins on silencers are very generous.

Old 12-19-2012, 02:43 PM   #16

Liked 430 Times on 283 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Correct, margins are slim on new guns. The money is in the accessories and also in buying and selling used guns.

The margins for suppressors may be much better, but suppressors don't sell as quickly of easily due to their cost, tax stamp, and various misinformation about them. I would look into changing classes of licenses in the future, but only after I've built a good foundation first.

Old 12-21-2012, 05:33 AM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Class 3 items are not an option in my county.

Old 12-21-2012, 09:19 PM   #18

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Margins in new guns this week that have AR in their name have been good

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 12-22-2012, 06:07 AM   #19

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I would like to have a rack full of big black guns right now. I can't find even one to order.

Old 12-30-2012, 08:41 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 26 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 53

I cant think of a single gun I make 30% on. NONE. The mark up on firemarms is tiny compared to most other goods. A few of the accessories maybe, but even then we dont make that much.