? About ffl123
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > ? About ffl123

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 05:11 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Default ? About ffl123

I have a question for all the brainiacs on firearms out there. My cousins found this website ffl123.com. To pursue on getting his ffl license. He says you can buy guns cheaper as well as accessories.

My question is that. Has anyone ever went thru with this company for the starter guide. N if so is it worth it(true).

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-04-2012, 05:56 PM   #2
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2878 Times on 1662 Posts
Likes Given: 1236

If your cousins have more money than they know what to with, they could send me some.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO GO TO SUCH A WEBSITE!!!!!

The BATF has all the info on theirs (for free).

Create an LLC, and follow the info here: http://www.atf.gov/firearms/industry/

An FFL allows you to pursue the business of buying and selling firearms. Unless you are engaged in business, it is not recommended that you get an FFL for your private collection.
You will still have to transfer the firearm to your personal collection and you are still responsible for paying sales tax.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Last edited by danf_fl; 12-04-2012 at 05:59 PM.
People Like This 
Old 12-04-2012, 06:05 PM   #3
KAG

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Most difficult part of the FFL application is confirming the local laws for operating a gun business. State and federal are simple, just fill in the blanks and mail the appropriate copies to the appropriate place.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:33 PM   #4

Liked 429 Times on 282 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockmania
I have a question for all the brainiacs on firearms out there. My cousins found this website ffl123.com. To pursue on getting his ffl license. He says you can buy guns cheaper as well as accessories.

My question is that. Has anyone ever went thru with this company for the starter guide. N if so is it worth it(true).
If you and/or your cousin are interested in getting a FFL just to buy guns and accessories cheaper, then you're wasting time and money. FFL are given to those who want to operate a BUSINESS, not buying cheaper guns and accessories for themselves, friends, and family.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:36 AM   #5

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

I think he was just for cheaper guns. He said u can get about 30% off. Than I started thinking that it sounded good n even trying to sell em n start a business but put some thought into it. I don't think there's any room for another dealer round here.

Is it alot of money to put out for the license?

Old 12-05-2012, 04:29 AM   #6

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Don't wasted your money. Here's a how to I wrote up that FFL123 will tell you for $50. http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f47/ffl-process-70478/ and as stated you must be in it to make a living.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 12-05-2012, 04:40 AM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8863 Times on 3838 Posts
Likes Given: 1383

Unless you can show tht you intend to "engage in the business" of buying and selling, or repairing guns, you will NOT be issued a dealer's FFL. Period.

The idea that you can magically get a license that will let you buy guns from a wholesaler for a faction of the retail is false. Neither FFL123 nor anyone else can change that.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 12-05-2012, 12:45 PM   #8

Default Be sure to check with a former customer....

I would recommend checking with a former customer to get their input. We have never had a customer say it was not a very informative course and many insights learned over many years and worth the small price.

As an example.... Yes, you can do your taxes by talking to other tax payers and reading the IRS website, but I personally use a CPA.

We do advertise on this website, but struggled to justify as so many non-customers try to speak poorly of getting any help in this area.

Again, find a former or current customer to give you feedback sir.

Thanks,
Brandon

Old 12-05-2012, 12:47 PM   #9
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2878 Times on 1662 Posts
Likes Given: 1236

ffl123,
What service do you provide that is above and beyond what is available on the BATF website or here?

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 12-05-2012, 02:33 PM   #10

Liked 429 Times on 282 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Appreciate the forum support, but I agree with Dan. It would be beneficial to know what your company offers that justifies the cost.

I was just issued my FFL and completed the while process myself. Follow the instructions on the ATF website and read the FAQs. Not sure what more I would have gained if I had used the FFL123 website, but interested to know.