7 inch SBR and flash hiders - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > 7 inch SBR and flash hiders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2012, 04:57 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 32 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 115

It started out as a Kel-Tec PLR-16 pistol. As you may have noticed, I made some changes.

sbrxtra.jpg  

Old 07-26-2012, 05:34 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachilders View Post
It started out as a Kel-Tec PLR-16 pistol. As you may have noticed, I made some changes.
Thats pretty cool. I had no idea you could do all of that. I like Kel-Tec. how has it been shooting?

Old 07-27-2012, 05:28 AM   #33

Liked 32 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 115

I've got other goodies for the gun that aren't pictured but the upper & fore grip are PLR, all the lowers are straight from K-Ts SU-16 and everything else is AR-15 compatible. As for how it shoots, I can hit trap/skeet clay targets at 100 yards all day long with it. After a 1,000+ rounds I've never had a malfunction and it will fire any 5.56/.223 ammo I put in it. Not including optics, carrying handle and magazines (I have an AR so I used spare & extra stuff from it) the whole gun was $900, which includes the fee for the Class III stamp.

I've looked into getting a Noveske KX3 for it but I have been holding off since I am seriously considering a suppressor and that would cost as much as the gun itself when you add the cost of the class III paperwork. I'm still undecided since it will also mean another six month wait in addition to the cost for a decent suppressor. Actually, if I could find a KX3 at a good price I'd get one anyway.

Last edited by rachilders; 07-27-2012 at 05:42 AM.

Old 07-27-2012, 06:06 AM   #34

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eckersr
Pics of my 7inch Barrel SBR.
I like it. My neighbor started out with a plr16 and put a YHM Phantom on it. It works ok but I think there is better out there.

Old 07-27-2012, 06:50 AM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 231 Times on 199 Posts
Likes Given: 66

I use YHM Phantom on one of my ARs. I don't see any difference to the regular bird cage. I bought it just for novelty and cheap. Soon going to replace it with a Suppressor Quick Detach mount.

Old 07-27-2012, 12:23 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by okdonk View Post
I use YHM Phantom on one of my ARs. I don't see any difference to the regular bird cage. I bought it just for novelty and cheap. Soon going to replace it with a Suppressor Quick Detach mount.
Went shooting yesterday. my buddy shot my sbr with the kX3 and I was able to stand right up front along side the muzzel. I got no muzzel blast, concussion, visable daytime flame etc. We then shot with the A2 flash hider and I got concussion, muzzel blast and no visable daytime flame. The concussion/blast was considerable. I was pretty surpised. I will still to the KX3. I does what it was designed to do. A supressor would be a great xmas gift. Ill have to be a good boy and see what santa brings me.

Old 07-27-2012, 12:27 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachilders View Post
I've got other goodies for the gun that aren't pictured but the upper & fore grip are PLR, all the lowers are straight from K-Ts SU-16 and everything else is AR-15 compatible. As for how it shoots, I can hit trap/skeet clay targets at 100 yards all day long with it. After a 1,000+ rounds I've never had a malfunction and it will fire any 5.56/.223 ammo I put in it. Not including optics, carrying handle and magazines (I have an AR so I used spare & extra stuff from it) the whole gun was $900, which includes the fee for the Class III stamp.

I've looked into getting a Noveske KX3 for it but I have been holding off since I am seriously considering a suppressor and that would cost as much as the gun itself when you add the cost of the class III paperwork. I'm still undecided since it will also mean another six month wait in addition to the cost for a decent suppressor. Actually, if I could find a KX3 at a good price I'd get one anyway.
Thats a great price! It must be light weight as well? I dont think I could build an AR type SBR for that price. Very cool SBR.