07 Manufac. License

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion > 07 Manufac. License

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2009, 12:39 AM   #1
KAG
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Default 07 Manufac. License

My uncle was suppose to be available to help me get this off the ground but he has been shipped back to Afgan. so I am going to ask my questions here.

What should I expect from the BATF officer visit?

Any special 07 requirements i need to do to my workshop/garage?

How do I stay on top of OSHA req.?

Any thing else I need to know, especially for reciever manufac.?

Thanks!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-01-2009, 02:19 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9212 Times on 3974 Posts
Likes Given: 1441

Not a manufacturer, but will give this a try-

ATF- they are looking to see if you are legit. do you have a premises? Do you have the OTHER legal things to do business (business license, zoned for business, sales tax ID number, etc) Do you have secure storage for firearms? (Could be a lock on the door, safe, locking cabinet, lockable room) Do you understand the limitations of your license, and paperwork? As a maker, you will have Fed Excise tax to pay- are you set up for accounting for that?

As far as OSHA- has nothing to do with ATF. How many employees do you have? Fewer than 3, you are not subject to OSHA regs. If you have more than 3, send me an instant message, and I can help guide you thru some of what you need for 30 CFR 1910, standards for General Industry.

With inspector it is OK to ask questons of him- part of the purpose of visit is teaching. You can offer him a cup of coffee (he may or may not accept) DO NOT offer him dinner for 2 at Ruth's Chris.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 07-02-2009, 05:09 AM   #3
KAG

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Is it better to have my garage all ready to go before the batf visit?

Old 07-02-2009, 05:22 AM   #4
KAG

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

also, the Fed Excise Tax, I have made an attempt to the most current codes but I am still confused. How do I determine the tax? Is everything I make taxable? (recievers, triggers, barrels...) any know of any good books on this subject? I work in the day and school at night so I do most my research on my iPhone.

Old 07-02-2009, 12:30 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9212 Times on 3974 Posts
Likes Given: 1441

Best if you look like you are organized, and have a good idea what you will be doing.

Re: Tax- the Federal Excise tax is a "per gun" tax- the amount is set by the Feds- so you will need to account for (and provide a serial number for) each gun you manufacture. And the receiver IS the gun. Other parts are parts.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.