Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > YAY Mosin-Nagant Prototype Sight!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2011, 08:33 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 7 Posts

Default YAY Mosin-Nagant Prototype Sight!

Hello,

This sight is most definitely not up to sale quality, but I built it after receiving some requests solely to see if it's feasible. Still working that part out.

Some folks don't like to drift the sight in the dovetail of the Mosin-Nagant for windage and they want something that is windage-adjustable. I took a cue from the CETME andthrew this together using a junk sight hood. The pin reflects a quick job, as well:

And, as you can see from the color pic, it's most definitely not in shape to sell!

Still, I might start producing these. I do not know yet.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Josh

Is it better to live by a corrupt society's standards rather than face persecution for not doing the same? This is the dilemma we now face. We must hold fast to our convictions as we confront this dilemma. Knowing one's self goes a long way in the crisis. - Me

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-06-2011, 10:41 PM   #2

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 31

To adjust for windage would you rotate the pin so the the point was to one side or the other?

Old 08-06-2011, 10:58 PM   #3

Liked 11 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny357 View Post
To adjust for windage would you rotate the pin so the the point was to one side or the other?
Hi Johnny,

That's correct.

Like I said, this is a poor display of the thing.

Here's a CETME sight:

Same principle, and I'm thinking that what I end up with eventually will be more similar to the CETME sight than my standard set pins, as is this one.

The whole setup would be much easier if the hood weren't in the way. I've thought about cutting off half the hood on some models and leave them with "M1 ears", but I just don't think they'd look right on the Mosin.

Josh
Is it better to live by a corrupt society's standards rather than face persecution for not doing the same? This is the dilemma we now face. We must hold fast to our convictions as we confront this dilemma. Knowing one's self goes a long way in the crisis. - Me