Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > Why is the Arisaka so Hated??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2012, 07:06 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 699 Times on 464 Posts
Likes Given: 733

Default Why is the Arisaka so Hated??

Why is the Arisaka always referred to as that "Damn Jap gun"? Everybody tells me the Japanese and the Arisaka are so hated, because of the Bayonet practice the Japanese did on POW's..

My problem with that is, what Army hasnt done horrible things? Why isnt that the case with other military guns? Why do Nazi guns still bring top dollar when what they did was way worse than just "bayonet practice"? How many people got a Luger bullet to the back of the head, or a Mauser bayonet stuck in them just because they were Jewish? But Lugers are still "Sexy" and Mausers are still loved... The Mosin killed many whos only "crime" was being tired of being poor and hungry..
The US wernt saints either.. I was watching a documentary where soldiers said they figured out if you hit a "Jap" in the back of the head hard enough it would knock out the gold fillings outta their teeth, another said he found it easier just to shoot them in the back of the head with his .45 and he could just pick the gold off the ground..
Hell, US solders used to cut body parts of the dead and send them home as souvenirs, theres even a picture in Life magazine, where a G.I's wife has a Japanese skull on her desk that was signed by all the members of her husbands platoon..

Seriously, outta all the messed up crap that happened in WWII bayonet practice on POW's was the worst??

If you just consider the gun, the Arisaka is actually a fine rifle. They were proven to be the strongest action of the war, and everything ive read says there very accurate..

Im not trying to "stick up" for the Japanese, Im just curious why a Nazi Mauser or Luger is $1000 when they wanted to exterminate races, But a Arisaka is a $100 because of a little bayonet practice??

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-08-2012, 07:47 PM   #2

Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 764

i did own a 7.7 arisaka,& loved it...but the guy i sold it to loved it more

as for them being hated so much????my arisaka never killed anybody while in my possession people who have a problem with any ''make'' of firearm,because it murdered the wrong person/peoplecomes off as libertarian to me just saying...

Trez,where can i buy a Arisaka for a 100bucks? i would pay that for a mum ground off & sporterized w/out a stock

Old 04-08-2012, 07:48 PM   #3
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1744 Times on 949 Posts
Likes Given: 547

I knew a man that survived the Bataan Death March. You can not imagine the hatred felt by him against anyone or anything Japanese. I will leave it at that.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 04-08-2012, 09:22 PM   #4

Liked 674 Times on 463 Posts
Likes Given: 681

I had a 7.7 type 99 that was a vet bring back. My Dad would not touch it, would not look at it. He was a SeaBee and spent 4+ years in the southern Pacific.
We were in a dept. store in the early 1970's. We were riding down on the elevator when the doors opened and 2 Japanese gentlemen got in. My Dad started to shake and sweat. He hit the button for the next floor and we got out.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 04-08-2012, 09:28 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

A gun is a gun. People who look at it any other way are looking too much into it.

When they kick out your front door, how you gonna come. With your hands on your head or on the trigger of your gun?

Guns of Brixton- The Clash

Old 04-08-2012, 10:25 PM   #6

Liked 674 Times on 463 Posts
Likes Given: 681

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenney View Post
A gun is a gun. People who look at it any other way are looking too much into it.
Unless you've seen to much carnage. Imagine being in a life or death struggle for 4 years. You would have no ill will for the people, their methods or weapons?

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 04-08-2012, 10:32 PM   #7

Liked 2235 Times on 1007 Posts
Likes Given: 2171

My dad fought the nazis but he still rode in a volkswagon. My uncles ship was sunk by the Japanese but he didn't have a problem with Japanese products his brother was killed by the Germans but he drove an Audi. I spent years preparing for war with the Russians but I'm married to a Russian. Can't go around being bitter forever.

Old 04-08-2012, 10:55 PM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

It's a tool, plain and simple. If it works good and looks good, I'll use it without question. My grandpa was a ww2 vet, got me into shooting. Had a lugar he abused the crap out of, because it worked.

When they kick out your front door, how you gonna come. With your hands on your head or on the trigger of your gun?

Guns of Brixton- The Clash

Old 04-08-2012, 11:36 PM   #9
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1744 Times on 949 Posts
Likes Given: 547

When you are brutalized, starved and have to watch your friends and fellow prisoners of war tortured and murdered for fun and games on a daily basis, you dont forgive easily. That shaking and cold sweat that JP described was an effort not to kill the Japanese he came in contact with. My dad and uncle came through WW2 without hating and my brother came out of Korea without hating but none of them faced the atrocities of Bataan. For the survivors it was up close and very personal. They are probably all dead by now but you would understand if you could talk to one and they were willing to talk about it.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 04-09-2012, 12:14 AM   #10

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts

My uncle survived the Bataan death march, the hell ships, and forced labor in a Japanese steel mill. While all side had incedents of brutality, The Japanese were especially good at abuse. Starving people for the fun of it, having head chopping contest with newspaper accounts of the toll of heads per hour. The rape of Nanking, the burning alive of prisioners, just to name a few. That aside, the rifles were crude at best, but a great design, with a tough as nails reputation.