Who else enjoys Lee-Enfields? - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > Who else enjoys Lee-Enfields?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2012, 03:27 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nfernaays View Post
Still not the smoothest action built though the smoothest is not the strongest....krag got it beat for smoothest
Krag is smooth, I agree. The nomenclature that you identified is correct, the rifle is a re-chambered Enfield with a rear peep. The best of both worlds in IMHO. The Krag was my first military rifle. It was my grandfathers, purchased from DCM (CMP) in the early 20th Century. It is a chore to find ammo for. I have been buying a stock for years and put maybe 40 rounds through it a year.

"That night, I thanked God for seeing me through that day of days and prayed I would make it through D plus 1. I also promised that if some way I could get home again, I would find a nice peaceful town and spend the rest of my life in peace."

MAJ Dick Winters

Easy Company, 101st ABN
June 6, 1944

Old 12-27-2012, 06:45 AM   #42

Liked 253 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergus View Post
Actually, the '69 on my avatar is identical in specs to my '69 Chevelle SS, just a different color.
Ever see the rarest version of all? The Pontiac Beaumont?

Be careful who's toes you step on today....'cause they could be connected to the a** you need to kiss tomorrow.

Old 12-27-2012, 12:43 PM   #43
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1212 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 1222

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemccarthy707 View Post
Ever see the rarest version of all? The Pontiac Beaumont?
And the Pontiac Tempest, but whats that got to do with (The Lee Enfield) ?

When all else fails.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:15 PM   #44

Hi Dave , just a quick question , I found a older post made by you , don't ask me how ,I can't remember, in regards to you purchasing a Hastings barrel for a Browning A5 , with the ability to put choke tubes of different I.D's for different shooting scenario's, just wondering where on god's green earth you were able to find the that Barrel, as NO ONE seems to have any , anywhere.... and being the new owner of a very lightly used A5 light,(2 3/4"shell) I would love any info on where I could locate one new or used for sale.. any info would be greatly appreciated... Thanks! I have also been informed I cannot bring one in from the U.S. to Ontario ... which is BS!!

Paul.

Old 04-13-2013, 02:55 PM   #45

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Here are a couple of mint enfeilds i have aquired in my travels, the no5 jungle shirley model has never been fired ,got her at an estate auction for 350.00 no one there knew what it was but i sure did,100% authentic ,the other has the palmer nat match rear sight disk apeture sight,very acuurate, i want to fire that no5 jungle so bad but kinda do not want to ruin the fact it has never been fired,but the temptation is killing me, i may cave and take her to range 1 day.If anyone would like to see better pics just ask.

002.jpg   001.jpg  

Old 04-14-2013, 12:06 AM   #46

Liked 375 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milsurpshooter60 View Post
Here are a couple of mint enfeilds i have aquired in my travels, the no5 jungle shirley model has never been fired ,got her at an estate auction for 350.00 no one there knew what it was but i sure did,100% authentic ,the other has the palmer nat match rear sight disk apeture sight,very acuurate, i want to fire that no5 jungle so bad but kinda do not want to ruin the fact it has never been fired,but the temptation is killing me, i may cave and take her to range 1 day.If anyone would like to see better pics just ask.
That Jungle Carbine here in Australia would fetch you big $$$$'s and it probably wouldn't last 5 minutes on a gun dealer sight.

These JC's are 1 of the best pig hunting rifles ever with the 10 shot mag and I'd be the same as you as in wanting to fire it a very nice rifle and find.

The ability to think and speak doesn't necessarily guarantee intelligence

Old 04-14-2013, 01:09 AM   #47

Liked 57 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 1

There are so many neat Enfields and since they are the longest serving bolt action rifles there is huge collector interest. In the 90s a large number of so called Irish Contract No4 MKIIs were imported in absolutely new condition. I bought 3 of them and wished I had bought more.

enfield-no4-mk2-002.jpg   enfield-no4-mk2-007.jpg   enfield-no4-mk2-017.jpg  

Old 04-14-2013, 02:04 PM   #48

bought mine in early 90,s as well was still wrapped in goat skin,took a week to get all the cosmoline out .

Old 04-14-2013, 02:11 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairbear1 View Post
That Jungle Carbine here in Australia would fetch you big $$$$'s and it probably wouldn't last 5 minutes on a gun dealer sight.

These JC's are 1 of the best pig hunting rifles ever with the 10 shot mag and I'd be the same as you as in wanting to fire it a very nice rifle and find.
Dude ive had so many offers allready , anyone knows a real no 5 drools at the sight of it , and being from miami originally agree would make a great pig gun, but like i said i want to fire it very badly but the rifle has never been fired,afraid it will decrease the value i do ,but ill prolly never sell it was offered 1000$ by another collecter i know turned it down.Just love the matched set too much to part with her and looked for a no5 since i was a kid.I saw it on the table at estate sale i acted dumb and waited for bidding to start walked out with her for 350 ,i bout fell out my chair lol.

Old 04-14-2013, 03:42 PM   #50

Liked 736 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 790

I thought the "Jungle carbines" had a bad problem with "wandering zero"? Isnt that why they discontunued it in 1947, and continued the production of the longer SMLE's