Whats this lil booger ? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion >

Whats this lil booger ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2011, 03:49 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1323 Times on 951 Posts
Likes Given: 658

it had a almost plastic type base that looked almost like a suction cup . Im sure if my life depended on it i would fire it but not for ITS AND GIGGLES . i bumped the bolt closed on a sk once and my hand took the full recoil , i imagine thats close to firing a pen gun

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 05-13-2011, 11:55 AM   #12

Bazooka for midgets , if only it had a quad rail for mounting accessories :P It looks to be some sort of a zip gun..?It could also be one of the early .38 snake shot guns that were in some of the survival kits ..But its looks a bit different to the ones I have seen..Its kinda cool either way..

Old 06-02-2011, 05:48 PM   #13

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Pengun

Believe it or not, Ithaca made a 12 ga. pengun for police use. It was about the size of a flashlight. Had to be a handful.
I shot a Mac Stinger converted to .22 mag once. I thought that was excessive.

Old 08-13-2011, 01:29 PM   #14

Liked 22 Times on 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Hard to say from the picture- is the opening threaded on the inside? Those were typically tear gas guns/ flare launchers. Any markings?
I cropped it from his photo and edited it a little in one and only brightened it in the second photo.......don't know if this will help identify it or not......
gun-pen.jpg   gun-pen-.jpg  

Old 08-13-2011, 01:40 PM   #15
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6783 Times on 3605 Posts
Likes Given: 506

Looks like the business end of a bang stick for sharks. If the device seperates in the middle by screwing one end to the other and a 12 or 20ga shell fits in its a bang stick. Dont use it it looks in terrible condition. Dont put a live shell in to test it use a fired one.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Last edited by JonM; 08-13-2011 at 01:43 PM.

Old 08-20-2011, 03:23 AM   #16

I also have one that belonged to my grandfather. I know for certain, even though I don't have any, it fires a 38 Special Tear gas round. Wish I knew where to find some. I do remember in the mid 40s I used a nail to pull the wad out of the mouth of the 38 Special case. That was a mistake!!! my one eye teared for over an hour. The saw dust like pay load was fired by the primer, as I don't recall a powder train inside the case, Looks like a coat of red paint on the outside, with no name but numbered. The barrel screws off about midway and a 38 special empty case drops in. When assembled, a stud is drawn to the rear and pulled to the side to hold the striker to the rear. I suspect that it might be as old as the 30s or early 40s. My little experiment took place at 5 or 6 years old, and not a clue why I decided to pry that wad out of the shell case!

Old 09-02-2011, 01:20 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1582 Times on 1074 Posts
Likes Given: 1713

Believe it or not they do make them pretty good size, this one is Four Hundred & ten.
410-pen-gun.jpg  

Old 09-02-2011, 06:42 PM   #18

Liked 1323 Times on 951 Posts
Likes Given: 658

I think i would use some gloves with that one or better yet let my buddy shoot it first

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 09-02-2011, 07:07 PM   #19

I am sure that none of these pen tear gas devices were meant to be fired with anything but the loads designed for them, without serious results and harm that would occur should you decide to get experimental. Almost a sure thing a big time injury as contruction is very soft steel, and would not handle any cartridge pressures