Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > what can i do?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2008, 06:15 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Righteous View Post
ya could throw the reciever away and part that sucker out for some $$$$
That was already my thought. Take it apart, tell the atf you have a RECEIVER without papers and ask to research if it was ever registered. If it was, then just put it back together. If it wasn't, then mail them the receiver and sell the rest of the parts as a parts kit...

But definitely do NOT try to hide an illegal firearm. If it isn't registered in their database, give them the receiver IMMEDIATELY!!!

Old 11-09-2008, 06:26 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
Just curious, could it be converted to semi and then be kept?
Not without spending a TON. Apparently, there are some real difficult steps to get around with the stock FA thompson when trying to convert it. I looked into it already. Everyone says it's just cheaper to buy the current kahr semi-auto that convert a real tommy. And this is from the guys over at weaponeer.net, who can build guns from scratch (not from parts kits, but 100% custom from big blocks of metal), so they KNOW what they are talking about.

I guess you COULD cut up the receiver according the atf guidelines, carefully protecting the writing on it. Cut receivers with all the writing/logo intact can sell for $100 to $200, and parts kits sell for about $750 (more if it has a lyman sight). You could have a grand worth of parts, and more if the box/crate is an original to the gun...

By the way, the thompson isn't even a curio and relic, right? Not ALL old guns are on the list...