Went Mosin Shootin' Today
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > Went Mosin Shootin' Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2011, 01:31 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 14 Times on 8 Posts

Default Went Mosin Shootin' Today

Hi Folks,

Went a'shootin' my 91/30 today. It has my adjustable front sight and the ammo, I believe, was Romanian surplus. Whatever it was, it was steel cased, steel core, copper washed, and 148gns. The only headstamp was the year, "88".

The rifle does have a cork bedded barrel.

Possible to do better? I don't know with this ammo. I do not know if those fliers were me or the ammo.

I need to go find some more of this stuff, though, and try it at 100 yards.

Josh

Is it better to live by a corrupt society's standards rather than face persecution for not doing the same? This is the dilemma we now face. We must hold fast to our convictions as we confront this dilemma. Knowing one's self goes a long way in the crisis. - Me

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-28-2011, 01:49 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default More ammo........

Becarefull what you purchase and shoot, awhile back they had alot of ammo from overseas that would blowup in your face. I'm looking for the Guns and ammo magazine that I read it in. Maybe some others here have the info on what makers and the year of manufacture. Be safe and good shooting with you new toy.

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........