W. German 8mm pistol??? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > W. German 8mm pistol???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2011, 03:16 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: (GMT -7 Hrs) Mountain Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time (US & Canada),North Carolina

Well your guess was the same as mine. I couldn't have expected much out of such a rough looking gun. I just dont really see a use in me keeping it, since I have a few real ones myself. I may see if I can post it to an auction site or something. Any idea how hard it would be to ship this thing to a potential buyer?

Old 04-30-2011, 06:24 AM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 10394 Times on 4485 Posts
Likes Given: 1651

Legally, that is not a firearm- it is not designed to fire a projectile, so does not have to go to a dealer. You can ship directly to an adult. US Mail does NOT permit blank pistols, but you can send by UPS Ground. UPS normally requires next day air for handguns, but, as I said, that is not a handgun. I would have buyer send me a copy of ID showing he is 18 or older.

Old 05-03-2011, 11:03 AM   #13

Location: (GMT -7 Hrs) Mountain Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time (US & Canada),North Carolina

Thanks a bunch C3

Old 05-04-2011, 01:43 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
CAUTION ! In European nations where ownership of handguns is sharply limited, the 8mm BLANK pistol is rather popular. These have a plugged barrel to (a) permit semi-auto fire from a blank, and (b) see that a round of ball ammo is NEVER fired.

Post a pic of YOUR gun, and all the funny little little squiggly lines called WORDS, and we may be able to identify. If it IS a blank gun, simply removing the bore obstruction will NOT permit you to safely fire ball ammo- gun will self disassemble with harm to you, innocent bystanders, etc.
Hi, c3shooter is 100% right : CAUTION, CAUTION, CAUTION. It's a so called ALARM PISTOL !!! You can only fire blank or gas cartridges.

Old 05-09-2011, 07:51 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
To clean it up, try this- spray with a light oil (NOT WD 40, DAMMIT!) use a toothbrush to clean any serrations. Use coarse cloth (burlap, denim) and oil, rub until arm falls off, then change arms. DO NOT USE STEEL WOOL.
The finest bronze wool (not steel wool) you can find and a very light touch will pull the rust right off without affecting the bluing. It won't do much for pitting but surface rust doesn't stand a chance.
"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual; as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of."

- Dr. Suzanna Gratia Hupp, TX State Rep., GOP, Massacre Survivor