W. German 8mm pistol???
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion >

W. German 8mm pistol???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2011, 09:44 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: (GMT -7 Hrs) Mountain Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time (US & Canada),North Carolina
Default W. German 8mm pistol???

Ok guys, I am new here and have a question I hope you can help me with. I have an 8mm pistol. On the side it says made in W.Germany. I dont know when it was made or really what it is. It is a black gun with brown grips. The grips has the bird and star circle on them. (nothing inside the circle). The closest thing I have found to it is this. It looks like a new version.

8mm Blank Firing -Nickel Finish

The barrel has been plugged, and the gun is not in the best of shape. Just trying to figure out what it is and if it is worth anything. I wish I had pics, but I dont. I will take some after I get off work tonight and post some later. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-28-2011, 10:34 PM   #2

Liked 783 Times on 546 Posts
Likes Given: 850

Sounds like a Walther PP/PPK, .32acp. Post war model.
Sucks it has a plugged barrel. Is it a projectile or a plug in the bore?
http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg/de/walther-pp-and-ppk-e.html

Old 04-28-2011, 11:34 PM   #3

Location: (GMT -7 Hrs) Mountain Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time (US & Canada),North Carolina

Great find!!

My gun is almost identical to the 2 very bottom pictures on this link. The only difference I can see is the hand-grips with the German bird and star circle on mine.

The best I can see it looks like 2 pieces of metal in a cross-hair configuration presumably "threaded" into it. I am assuming this was done maybe to get the gun into the country.

Old 04-29-2011, 12:09 AM   #4
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 10997 Times on 4764 Posts
Likes Given: 1805

CAUTION ! In European nations where ownership of handguns is sharply limited, the 8mm BLANK pistol is rather popular. These have a plugged barrel to (a) permit semi-auto fire from a blank, and (b) see that a round of ball ammo is NEVER fired.

Post a pic of YOUR gun, and all the funny little little squiggly lines called WORDS, and we may be able to identify. If it IS a blank gun, simply removing the bore obstruction will NOT permit you to safely fire ball ammo- gun will self disassemble with harm to you, innocent bystanders, etc.

Old 04-29-2011, 12:29 AM   #5

Yeah, I wouldnt even try to remove what is in it. And if I did I doubt it would be worth shooting at this point anyway. The rifling is ruined I am sure. Anyway i will post up some pics just as soon as I can take some.

Old 04-29-2011, 01:31 AM   #6

Liked 783 Times on 546 Posts
Likes Given: 850

C3, I'd replace the barrel. Keep the original as a part of the guns history.

Old 04-29-2011, 03:39 AM   #7
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Many of the blank only guns are not safe to fire ball ammo in EVEN with a real barrel. They may lack a locking mechanism entirely, frame/ slide zinc alloy. These were intended to NOT be convertible to fire ball ammo. Only 8mm pistol I know of that is NOT a blank pistol is 8mm Nambu.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:24 PM   #8

Hey guys,
It is definitely a blank gun. Found out a bit about it when I took it to the local gun shop this morning.

WALTHER

This is what we found. Mine is definitely in rough shape, and needs to be fixed/ cleaned up. I don't know that anyone would be interested in such a thing. Where would you guys suggest I go about trying to sell it.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:41 PM   #9

This is mine. I am not sure what to do about trying to make it look better. Any suggestions?
img_20110429_005914.jpg   img_20110429_005904.jpg  

Old 04-30-2011, 01:54 AM   #10
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

To clean it up, try this- spray with a light oil (NOT WD 40, DAMMIT!) use a toothbrush to clean any serrations. Use coarse cloth (burlap, denim) and oil, rub until arm falls off, then change arms. DO NOT USE STEEL WOOL.

Here in the land of the free, home of the brave, and I-own-more-real-guns-than- a-European-police-department, there is a VERY limited interest in blank firing guns. Some military reenactors use them due to limitations on carrying real guns.

By now you saw the price listed on the link, and are rubbing your hands together, yelling "Hoo-BOY!" Don't. That is for a New-in-box with all the goodies. Value of yours at a WILD GUESS may be $50-$75. BTW, those were made by Umarex.