Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > VZ 24 - what to look for?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2013, 06:19 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 703 Times on 432 Posts
Likes Given: 1693

Default VZ 24 - what to look for?

I'm thinking about a Czech mauser 8mm for sale at a local pawn shop. It's priced at $250. What do I need to look for/at on this rifle - matching sn's, patina, import marks, arsenal marks? Wood looks good, so does the metal, but I only took a short look at it yesterday. Has not been sporterized or converted to 30-06.

img-20130723-00952.jpg   img-20130723-00953.jpg  

"Well, we're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours." - Walter Bishop, from Fringe.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-24-2013, 07:47 PM   #2

Liked 30 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 4

make sure it is 8mm.....I have one and it is 7mm...otherwise the old "gut feeling" may be what you need to go by.

"It's Tommy this, and Tommy that, and 'chuck 'im out, the brute,' But it's 'Savior of his Country,' When the guns begin to shoot." Rudyard Kipling

Old 07-24-2013, 08:00 PM   #3

Liked 91 Times on 67 Posts

Just check the bore for rifling and rust/pitting.

Newest Threads