Two "new" Mosin-Nagants this week
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > Two "new" Mosin-Nagants this week

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2013, 03:23 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
marc29th's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 667
Liked 91 Times on 67 Posts

Default Two "new" Mosin-Nagants this week

Izhevsk 1925 Hex M1891

forumrunner_20130329_231921.jpg

forumrunner_20130329_231953.jpg

forumrunner_20130329_232014.jpg

Hungarian 1953 M44 Carbine

forumrunner_20130329_232113.jpg

forumrunner_20130329_232133.jpg

Up to 5 total now... but no more this week even thought both AIM and J&G have stock of M91/30's and M44's.

__________________
marc29th is offline  
vincent Likes This 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 03-30-2013, 01:56 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
zaitsev44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Alabama
Posts: 1,048
Liked 207 Times on 139 Posts
Likes Given: 81

Default

Ok, I'm jealous! They are some nice rifles, the wood on the Hungarian is beautiful, and that's a beautiful Izzy! Have fun!

__________________

Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery. - Sir Winston Churchill
Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle. - General George S. Patton Sr.

zaitsev44 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:58 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
marc29th's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 667
Liked 91 Times on 67 Posts

Default

Thanks, Just need an M38 and a Dragoon model now to add to the collection.

__________________
marc29th is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:11 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
drboompa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Canton, TX
Posts: 115
Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Default

Very, very nice. Both of them.

__________________
drboompa is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:24 PM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Trez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 3-P
Posts: 3,684
Liked 748 Times on 495 Posts
Likes Given: 824

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc29th View Post
Thanks, Just need an M38 and a Dragoon model now to add to the collection.
And a "Russian" Winchester M1895...
__________________
Quote:
...... I suffer from a very rare genetic defect that causes me to be sympathetic toward the International cause. There is no cure.
Trez is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:18 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Yorkville,ohio
Posts: 151
Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaitsev44 View Post
Ok, I'm jealous! They are some nice rifles, the wood on the Hungarian is beautiful, and that's a beautiful Izzy! Have fun!
See my thread on samco sniper mosin,s, cant beat them for the price, nice looking rifles dude, i like them both, i have the russian m44 its a beast to shoot but near mint.Love all those markings on the 91/30 long rifle.You got a steal on that one.For sale? have to ask.
__________________
Milsurpshooter60 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:49 AM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
marc29th's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 667
Liked 91 Times on 67 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milsurpshooter60 View Post

See my thread on samco sniper mosin,s, cant beat them for the price, nice looking rifles dude, i like them both, i have the russian m44 its a beast to shoot but near mint.Love all those markings on the 91/30 long rifle.You got a steal on that one.For sale? have to ask.
Thanks I really like these 2 new ones. I got the Hex from AIM

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F3Mosin9130HEX&name=Russian+1891 %2f30+7.62x54R+Hex+Mosin+Nagant+Rifle&groupid=256& fprdct=1

You should sign up for an email notification when they come back in stock. I'm not selling :-)
__________________
marc29th is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:32 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
John_Deer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,686
Liked 1850 Times on 1267 Posts
Likes Given: 675

Default

I really like my hex 91/30. It is accurate and with 203 gr sp ammo it knocks down deer just as well as a shotgun slug. Once you have got all the cosmoline out of the barrel and have shot it 40/50 times use a brass brush on a slow speed drill to clean the barrel. A 20 ga brush does wonders for the chamber. I had to sand down the box part of the rear sight quite a bit before it quit shooting high. I used a cut off grinder to remove most of the metal and a belt sander to square it up and remove any divots left by the cut off wheel.

I have not tried one of these sights but they look like they will eliminate the need to cut down the rear sight. http://www.smith-sights.com/

__________________

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

John_Deer is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:02 PM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Yorkville,ohio
Posts: 151
Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
I really like my hex 91/30. It is accurate and with 203 gr sp ammo it knocks down deer just as well as a shotgun slug. Once you have got all the cosmoline out of the barrel and have shot it 40/50 times use a brass brush on a slow speed drill to clean the barrel. A 20 ga brush does wonders for the chamber. I had to sand down the box part of the rear sight quite a bit before it quit shooting high. I used a cut off grinder to remove most of the metal and a belt sander to square it up and remove any divots left by the cut off wheel.

I have not tried one of these sights but they look like they will eliminate the need to cut down the rear sight. http://www.smith-sights.com/
nice link , yea us old fogies need something we can see or a scope lol without glasses on the front post is very blurry to me as well ,those look like they would really help do they alter the rifle in any way permently or just attach and remove?nice link man thanx,may get to where all we have to shoot are bolt actions in america buy em now guy,s ,they are coming after our semi auto,s with a fury , i have made 100 phone calls sighned 50 petitions and sent countless e mails to congreesmen and governers to remind them we have a primary coming up and will remember who all jumped on this tyrants bandwagon like last primary when most the dems woke up to no job keeop the pressure on fellow gun owner,s. the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be INFRINGED , its pretty clear .
__________________
Milsurpshooter60 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
What's the best mount for adding a modern scope to a "Mosin Nagant 91/30" Craig_Junior Optics & Mounts 14 04-17-2013 10:22 AM
got myself a mosin nagan "dragoon" sagenodland General Rifle Discussion 4 12-27-2011 04:16 AM
Have any of you Mosin lovers done a "heavy target barrel" swap? orangello Curio & Relic Discussion 16 09-01-2011 11:53 AM
My "New" M91/30 Mosin Nagant Cory General Rifle Discussion 10 09-04-2009 01:40 AM
Witloe Remington 1858 New Model Army "Lee" & "Grant" bprevolver Blackpowder & Musket 0 09-25-2008 11:11 PM